Hello Laura (DFD). Please could you look into info I sent about my husband' s death.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
261 posts Page 16 of 18

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 19, 2016 8:19 pm
I am surprised these people actually hold down a job --- how do they find their offices every morning ???
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:44 am
Update..

Phone out to DFD

They are still working on my files and they have reassured me that it's been posted to the relevant department but it could take weeks to sort.

Ohhhh well I will hang on in there X
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lilaclady2k

Update..

Phone out to DFD

They are still working on my files and they have reassured me that it's been forwarded to the relevant department and requested it's pushed through asap but it could take weeks to sort.

Ohhhh well I will hang on in there X
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm
Once they receive the f&f and all the info needed they only have either 21 or 28 days (check your terms to see which) to call the meeting. Remind them of this and keep the pressure on them.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:40 pm
That bit has been done. Dfd are now dragging out the closure process after the f&f was accepted by creditors.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm
18th May I'm sure she quoted me everything was received...

I will ring them again next week.

Thank you for your replies xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:12 pm
I think I'd be ringing them every day!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

linrog

Post by linrog » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:14 pm
my full and final funds paid over 29/2/16 completion certificate received 12/4/16 get onto them and tell them to get a move on no excuses
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:39 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

That bit has been done. Dfd are now dragging out the closure process after the f&f was accepted by creditors.
Sorry I thought the F&F had just been put forward.

It's just a waiting game now I'm afraid - some firms take up to 6 months but keep the pressure on them so they close it quickly.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:04 pm
Good afternoon everyone

Well I can't stop smiling, my jaw aches but I have the pleasure to tell you my certificate has come in today's post.

My heads all over the place and I needed to share my news first of all with Kallis3, whose been an absolute star during this later part of this journey of mine. Thank you thank you thank you xx

To everyone who took time out to reply to my questions and also support me during the times I've posted and especially the times when it became just me to sort out. Thank you thank you thank you for the life lines you all handed out, it's so much appreciated, I honestly can't tell you how much but it's BIG lol X

To DFD thank you for helping me become debt free and thank you for the certificate I have received today.

I can't stop smiling, I'm going to have face ache but seriously guys, I appreciate this site. Wished I'd found it before I entered into an iva, I don't even know how I stumbled across the site but thanks a bunch.

One question though, my bestie friend asked me, the deeds to my property. Do I have to inform them or is it something that DFD would have done?

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:15 pm
Well done

The restriction on the house should be removed automatically once the information of the completeion is passed around - You can leave it a month or so then check on line yourself the land register if you want.
It however can take up to three month to be removed from the Insolvency Register
Last edited by ginger323232 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:19 pm
It's fantastic news and I am so pleased for you. Hope to see you soon for that celebratory drink.

It's been a long road and, although I've not known you for long I am glad I was able to help.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm
The restriction question has been answered, all I wish to say is CONGRATULATIONS !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:27 pm
Bottle of Prosecco Lilac - on me??
Bob Marley.

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Thanks guys...

Definitely a drink....

I can't stop smiling xx
261 posts Page 16 of 18
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”