Hi Experts,Firstly, thanks to all who will take time to answer and provide advice

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 1 of 2

Farhan

Post by Farhan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 pm
Hi Experts,
Firstly, thanks to all who will take time here and answer and provide advice.
I have made my last payment on 6th of this month in my iva for which lasted for long six years! From the experience of other clear debt customers how long in general did it take for one to receive the completion certificate?
So far for the last six years i have a professional and wonderful experience with clear debt, all advisors have been brilliant and very informative and have helped me through out and I did recommend them to others suffering with debt issues.
Been reading horror stories reg completion certificates so a bit curious how long ideally it will and should take to get the completion certificate as i have read people waited for like close to 3 years!!
thanks for reading.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:33 pm
Congratulations on reaching the end!!

Cleardebt are usually pretty good at getting out completion letters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Farhan

Post by Farhan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:52 pm
Cheers Kallis3,
That is a bit of assurance :)
Hope I will be at ease very soon.
Thanks

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:17 pm
We were with Cleardebt. We had confirmation of no equity and no ppi prior to our last payments and certificates of completion were sent only within weeks of final payments. I did send several emails just to confirm that they had everything they needed, to email if they needed anything etc but had no problems.

Farhan

Post by Farhan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:24 pm
Cheers relieved33,
I have been advised that PPI investigations is still on going with one of the creditors but it won't affect my completion of the IVA as any contributions if due via ppi will be distributed among the creditors.
So fingers crossed, I am not massively fussed as I never had any PPI with any of the creditors so assuming it wont be much of a benefit to cdebt/drsp/creditors and me.
Thanks

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 pm
Great feeling to reach the end of what sometimes can feel like a long journey. You sound like you're on top of things and hoping that all important piece of paper is with you soonest.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:33 am
Dear Farhan,

Provided we have received all of the necessary details from yourself and your creditors, finalising your IVA should not be a lengthy process.

If you'd like to send me an e-mail (david.mond@cleardebt.co.uk) with your details, I'd be more than happy to double check your case and make sure everything is in order so I can reassure you and put your mind at ease.

Congratulations on making it this far and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

David
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:51 am
Well done for reaching the end of the iva journey .. hopefully it ca all be closed swiftly allowing you to be debt free fully x

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:03 am
Hopefully David will get this closed for you quickly. Congratulations for reaching the end!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Farhan

Post by Farhan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:37 pm
Hi All,
Thanks everyone who have taken their time to response to my query, much appreciated.
Not sure if mentioning names will break the forum rules but while I have David here I would really like to say that Faye@cleardebt has been absolutely brilliant throughout. I had a very difficult time whole last year and struggled to keep up with the payments and she's not only given me professional advice but also provide support to get me back on track and I think she deserves some recognition internally which I am sure David can do.
I am hoping, I will get through the last phase swiftly as well.
So far no complains about the way my case has been handled and I have no doubts recommending cleardebt services to anyone I know.
David, I will be emailing you shortly my details, if you can check the progress, that would be highly appreciated. I have provided all the relevant documents on 21st December and confirmed the receipt.
Once again, thanks to all lovely people here and I am sure the community is definitely benefiting by the free service offered here.
Many Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:44 pm
I am sure that David and Faye will be pleased at your comments
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Barbara.05

Post by Barbara.05 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm
I was with clear debt and received my completion certificate in a very impressive one week.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:01 pm
Good to hear. That is impressive!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:33 pm
Hi

No problem in naming people who offer great service, the nature of this forum is that praise for individuals and companies can be very isolated

Congratulations on making it through to the end and I am sure that David will follow your email up with some urgency

Regards
Andam Davies

Farhan

Post by Farhan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 pm
Totally agree Andy and thanks.
Emailed David this afternoon and received a prompt response.
Now started to feel that it is really come to an end and thank god for that!
I cant't wait to post that i have received the completion certificate and hopefully it wont be long.
Thanks for everyone's response much appreciated.
Any experts shed some light re credit file, will all the defaults there diappear immediately after 6 years?
My iva was setup jan 2010.
Cheers.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”