Can anyone vouch for these companies, the reviews are very up and down.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Kez88

Post by Kez88 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:24 pm
Just applied for help through debtfreeagain and they put me through to Gopher Money, who have advised me to sign up to a Trust Deed (which is through Knightsbridge Insolvency).
The whole idea seems great but i decided to do a bit of a look up on the companies before my first payment comes off and the reviews are very up and down.
Can anyone vouch for these companies? My first payment doesn't come off until next month and i haven't received my pack yet, so i am still able to cancel at the moment. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:15 pm
Please speak to one or more companies before making a decision.

You can speak to Andy Davie/Vincent Bond (details under the expert link on the left hand side of the page) for some free advice.

Are you in Scotland?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kez88

Post by Kez88 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:21 pm
Truth be told, until i'd visited debt free again, i didn't know there was any companies like this....

Thank you, i will do that just now.

Yeah, i'm in Scotland

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:38 pm
I thought you were as you mentioned Trust Deed.

I've not heard of this company at all but do think you should speak to more companies before making a final decision.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 pm
Their web site is totally misleading and implying things that are not correct.

Shop around and look for any company that is clear and upfront about what the negatives are.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:04 am
As long as you haven't had a creditors meeting you can cancel.

I would cancel the DD as well.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am
I consider that by speaking to 2, 3 or even more companies is vital to ensure, case specific impartial advice.

Only when you're totally happy should you proceed. You can ask on here if anyone has any experience of a company you've chosen, although we shouldn't recommend a company really as what suits one won't suit all.

All the best. Any other questions just ask.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon May 30, 2016 5:43 pm
Hi

Do not pay any money over until the Trust Deed has been accepted by your creditors

Regards
Andam Davies

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 am
Trust-deed.co.uk has a very good forum with more experience of trust deeds. Hope this link isnt bending the forum rules too far.

I am scotland based and went through a PTD. Best thing we ever did.

Shop around and pay nothing up front.

Do you have property with equity at all??

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Kez88

Post by Kez88 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:35 pm
Okay, thank you kallis3, lifenoteasy & lesley_, i haven't tied myself into anything yet and i was still looking around. As i'd said in an earlier post, i literally never knew anything like this existed until 4 days ago.
Andy Davie, i haven't signed my agreement yet and no payment has been taken either, i was just trying to find out if this company was legit, as i have been stung before.

The advice the guy gave me seemed sound and it does give me everything i'd be looking for (freedom from harassment, no more charges, one single payment p/m and debt free in 4 years) but i was worried it was one of those "too good to be true" things.
Thank you all again, i'll continue to shop around.

Kez88

Post by Kez88 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:39 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by plasticdaft

Trust-deed.co.uk has a very good forum with more experience of trust deeds.
Thanks, i'll check that out now.
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>
Do you have property with equity at all??
Unfortunately, no. I only rent.

Thanks for your reply.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:49 pm
All IVA companies will give you freedom from hassle once you sign up to an Trust Deed.

If it's a trust deed it should be three years, not four as I am sure plasticdaft will confirm or correct me.

You will pay a monthly payment but please speak to a different firm and don't sign up to the first one you spoke to.

You should never agree to make a payment upfront before your arrangement is sorted so please cancel the DD.
Bob Marley.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”