Search engines - gazette

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:08 pm
I cannot believe this!!! After reading a very recent post on here about baddebtor website I decided to google my name. Lo and behold it appeared in a long list of people whose iva' were transferred from debt lifeboat to Harrington Brooke's. The website is the gazette. Does anyone know how I can get this removed and who I should contact please.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 pm
The gazette is the official state publication and is a record of all court decisions etc.

As the transfer would have involved a court (not that your previous ip told you that) your name officially would have been mentioned in the same way that it would have been published when you went into the iva.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 pm
Yes but does that mean that there is nothing I can do to get it removed from Google and other search engines?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:05 pm
Probably not - the only thing is that not many people know about these sites so hopefully nobody you know will look at it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:35 am
I google my name a lot to demonstrate to learners just what is out there! Luckily, doesn't come up with my previous debt problem or that might be another one to explain!

Put some open posts on FB etc., hopefully then it will knock it down to second page at least, I only every demonstrate the first page results.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:07 am
It does come off again:

Personal insolvency notices

Personal insolvency notices are published in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) and/or any appropriate regulations and/or guidance (the “Act”). The data controller (as defined in the Act) is the Controller of HMSO, part of The National Archives, operating in her capacity as superintendent of the publishing of The Gazette. TSO delivers The Gazette under a concessionary contract to The National Archives, and acts as the data processor.

In the UK, the publication of bankruptcy orders in The Gazette is governed by the Insolvency Rules. Once made, the order is required by law to be gazetted (rule 6.46) making the notices available to the public as evidence of the conduct of discharged or undischarged bankrupts. The order is therefore a statement of fact at the time of issue, and a matter of public record.

In Scotland, the publication of sequestration (bankruptcy) and trust deed orders in The Edinburgh Gazette was required under the Bankruptcy (Scotland) Act 1985, but these requirements have been repealed over a period from 2010 – 2015 (see the Home Owner and Debtor Protection (Scotland) Act 2010, the Protected Trust Deeds (Scotland) Regulations 2008 and The Bankruptcy and Debt Advice (Scotland) Act 2014). Notices, therefore, may have been placed as a consequence of a statutory requirement to do so, or because the Insolvency Practitioner has chosen to put the facts of the bankruptcy officially on the public record, for example to better inform potential creditors.

Excluding personal insolvency notices from search engine results

We maintain personal insolvency notices on The Gazette website as part of a permanent official record. However we instruct search engines to start to exclude personal insolvency notices from their search results after the bankruptcy has been discharged and information about the insolvency is removed from insolvency service registers (in the UK this happens after one year and three months).

Every type of insolvency notice has a different notice code and each notice code is automatically added to The Gazette’s robot.txt file one year and three months after it was placed. The robot.txt file instructs search engines, if they adhere to these rules, to exclude results from their search. The automatic adding of notice codes to The Gazette’s robot.txt file means that the first notice about your personal insolvency will be excluded from search engines one year and three months after it was placed but it will take an additional year before the final notice about your bankruptcy is excluded.

Further information

If you want to request that the Official Receiver places a discharge of insolvency notice in The Gazette, point 12 in the Insolvency Service’s guidance on discharge from bankruptcy sets out the process you must follow.

If your bankruptcy is annulled you can also request that the Official Receiver places a notice of annulment in The Gazette. Point 13 In the Insolvency Service’s guidance on annulment sets out the process you must follow.

Security of information and personal data
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:18 am
Thanks for the suggestions and info - much appreciated.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”