Last payment made!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Andydt4

Post by Andydt4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:07 am
Hi all, I have been in an iva since March 17th 2011 and made the final payment on 1st March 2017. I have a few questions....

1. My iva was subject to a land registry restriction. Would this be a problem if we wanted to put our house on the market?

2. I received a letter asking me to sign any future ppi payments over to my creditors which i signed and sent back. Does this normally speed up my certificate?

It is such a good feeling knowing that after 6 long years we have finally got through it and just want to move on. A big lesson learnt regarding credit and my mentality has totally been changed financially.

Thanks in advance.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 am
Great news!!! Restriction will be sorted by your IP.

It will probably help to get it sooner.

Just check your credit records now and make sure no defaults have been added since you started your IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Andydt4

Post by Andydt4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 am
Thanks for the reply. I have checked credit file and no defaults have been added so i am just waiting for the iva to fall off. Also hoping that the certificate comes sooner rather then later.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 am
Well done :-)

The restriction should be lifted by your IP when they issue the completion certificate --- I would make a point of asking them to confirm this has been done. The PPI release will speed up the issue of completion -- without it the IP can simply delay matters until he / she is satisfied that the PPI has been dealt with ( which could take quite some time).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:03 am
Andydt4 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have checked credit file and no defaults have been added so i am just waiting for the iva to fall off. Also hoping that the certificate comes sooner rather then later.

You have three credit files -- they can be different. One of mine didn't even show the IVA ! Check all of them in due course, once the 6 years has passed. You can get a snapshot for free in the meantime if you join Noddle and / or Clearscore (I found Noddle to be most complete of the two).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Andydt4

Post by Andydt4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 am
Thanks foggy. I will start checking all 3 agencies.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”