Told by IVA company they have up to 12 months to issue C.C

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Tony.mac

Post by Tony.mac » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:31 am
My last payment was June 2016 & finally was told completion certificate would arrive in Dec 2016 which one worker denied I was told that when I contacted them in Jan & feb. They told me they have up to 12 months to issue C.C and I signed to accept this. My argument is that I will not come off insolvency register at least a further 3 months after this which makes my IVA over the six years agreed time also delaying my credit file to be cleaned up. Is there anything I can do ?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 am
The completion process appears to vary betweem companies - I don't understand how some get it in a matter of days after their final payment to others having to wait months. It is frustrating as whilst no certificate has been received I believe you are still under the terms of your iva and could potentially have to declare any windfalls etc received - if it were me I would be making a nuisance of myself now and be ringing weekly for an update and if necessary more frequent than that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 am
Read your proposal .. most say, under "Length of Arrangement" the arrangement shall last for 66 months (on a 5 year agreement) -- 60 payments and a 6 month admin period. It will go on to say that the admin period can be extended on two occasions ... one of 3 months and one of 6, by serving of proper notice within a given time frame.

They have to adhere to this -- however ... it would take a court case to enforce and they know you are not going to take them to court ! Your only avenue is to complain ,, first internally and then to their regulators ( which might get them a fine and a smacked wrist --- some of the fines are substantial).

Who are you with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:48 am
Oh -- I might add -- credit file clean up will start anyway and you can still do some ground work by making sure your defaults are dated correctly --- they will drop off at 6 years anyway, if so.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”