Banks

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 pm
Hi guys,

Was just watching an advert for nationwide and my question is....when the iva is finished and completion cert is received can u go back to the bank/building society you was with before ? Had a credit card with nationwide in my iva so was just wondering really I'm not going to move back as I'm quite happy at Barclays but was just a passing thought.

Thanks

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:30 am
You can once all clear from your credit files however you may find that some banks hold on file reminders longer than others and have rules around ex-iva customers / poor records.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

luna

Post by luna » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:30 am
Hi

We have just opened a flex plus current account which is their best account with no problems.

Regards
IVA completed with StepChange.
Last payment Sept 2016 CC Oct 2016

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:55 am
In theory there should be no problem -- they cannot grab money to offset going forward, However, they might have retained their own archived records and could search these when doing the credit check. It will be down to the individual organisation's own policies.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 am
We had a basic one with them throughout our IVA and we have since been upgraded to their top account and also their best credit card.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Starry30

Post by Starry30 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 pm
Thanks all for replying maybe one day I'll try....was absolutely gutted when I was told I had to change as id had my account with them since I was 16 and had banked there when I was a child as my mum used to work there so many years haha.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”