IVA Completed March 2016, now looking to re-mortgage to a better deal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

debt attack

Post by debt attack » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm
Hi All
My IVA Completed March 2016.
I currently have a house worth £125-£130k, outstanding mortgage is £113k at a ridiculous interest rate (nearly 5%).
I am not wanting to move home, but just to re-mortgage to a better deal.

I've spoken to my bank (Natwest) who did a "soft" credit search which returned back as a fail.
They did advise they have had people in the past who fail on the soft search but are successful and pass when a full credit check is done. I've asked for a couple of days to think about it as I understand if it is rejected, it will show on my credit file for a year as rejected application.
They advised they use Equifax for their searches.

I've just checked my Equifax account, my score is 395 (Fair), as at today.
The IVA doesn't show up on my file.
I have checked, and everything shows up as "green" apart from Credit Agreements which is red.
I have 7 active credit agreements (all showing as green).
Vodafone, EE, Mortgage (which has two late payments showing in Feb & Mar 2013),Natwest Current Account no overdraft.
Vanquis Credit Card (to help build my credit - which has recently upped credit limit from £500 to £1,000, I use this for shopping and petrol and pay off the full statement value each month).
Aqua Credit Card - again to help build my credit - the limit is £1,000 and has 6 month's interest free so I spent £1k on it and am paying the value off within the 6 months - again to show I can manage credit without paying interest.
Mail Order (Littlewoods Account) - which I pay off in time every month. This has two late payment showing (Sep 2014 & Feb 2016).

There are two old inactive credit agreements showing which were settled as part of my IVA (and that is reflected on my credit file) - I had 11 different creditors in the IVA but only two are showing on my credit account.
I have one account which is British Gas - which when I started to check my credit files on completion of my IVA was showing as an outstanding amount (in red). I contact British Gas as this was incorrect. They agreed and altered my credit file to show this as settled (this status was changed on my account in Nov'2016). However, all the months up to November are still showing as Red with late payments)!
The second is a Santander Personal Loan which was part of my IVA - my credit file has a default against it in Dec'2011, and a settled against it in Mar'2016 (that was IVA completion).

I'm guessing my main problems will be the Santander and British Gas Problems.

Does anyone have any advice, help, assistance. I'm really struggling to make the decision but thinking I probably need to get these two things sorted first? Any idea why these two particular creditors are still showing on my credit file when others aren't?

Sorry for the long email but thanks in advance!!!!!!
Check out my blog;

http://debtattack.blogs.iva.co.uk

IVA Approved 4th March 2010
IVA Completed 4th March 2016
My Journey and aim is to get a tip-top credit score!! :D

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm
The problem could be that they never raised a default when you went into the IVA ( which most do) --- with a defaulted account the whole shebang disappears on the 6th anniversary of the default --- if not defaulted you are stuck with the red ticks going back 6 years. The CRA's are usually good with advising people what to do to get things rectified so worth having a word with them. It would also be an idea to check the other two in case you need to cast your net a little wider.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

debt attack

Post by debt attack » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm
Foggy
Thanks, you must have read my mind. I've just emailed Equifax and about to log onto Experian, and Noddle. Are there any other Credit Ref Agencies? These are the three I've been looking at?
Thanks
Check out my blog;

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:43 pm
debt attack wrote:
Foggy
Thanks, you must have read my mind. I've just emailed Equifax and about to log onto Experian, and Noddle. Are there any other Credit Ref Agencies? These are the three I've been looking at?
Thanks
Those are the three -- Noddle is actually Callcredit. Make sure you also check for "Notices of Correction" relating to the IVA and get them removed if there are any.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 pm
Speak to Ryan or Shaun the forum experts on mortgages

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/memberlist.p ... =group&g=8
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:30 am
We would be happy to look at your situation if you were to contact us.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

debt attack

Post by debt attack » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:55 pm
Hi
My IVA Completed March 2016.
I currently have a house worth £125-£130k, outstanding mortgage is £113k at a ridiculous interest rate (nearly 5%).
I am not wanting to move home, but just to re-mortgage to a better deal.

I've spoken to my bank (Natwest) who did a "soft" credit search which returned back as a fail.
Could really do to get some advice from someone around how I can get a new mortage/what my options are/how I can sort my credit file.
Check out my blog;

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 pm
I have merged the topics to avoid confusion
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”