Payplan dragging their heels

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:05 am
We made the last payment to my husbands IVA at the beginning of December. I keep chasing the completion certificate but just keep getting the same standard response back. One of the creditors never made a claim in the IVA even though they were included. The problem with this is that they have defaulted the account since the IVA started and have continued to do so every month, so it has made his credit rating even worse than it should be. Also we want to apply for a remortgage as soon as we can sort out his credit file.

We returned the PPI form in December and it said fill this in so we can complete the IVA as quickly possible and so nothing holds it up.

Is there anything I can do to try and speed the completion certificate up?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 am
Hi,

Just keep badgering them - you should have had it by now if you've signed the Deed of Assignment.. Both mine and my husbands came through very quickly although it was a while ago. Make sure you contact your creditor and get them to remove defaults back to your IVA start date.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 am
Hi In_deep,

We completed our Interlocking IVA's Aug 16 with Payplan but didn't get our CC's until 10th Jan 17. I was told 3 months, so until this time was up I didn't really chase. Then when I started it came about that Natwest wouldn't play ball and give some figures. After several calls chasing Payplan, I then went to Adam Brewin in complaints at Payplan, who was so helpful and (with Michael People's advice on here) suggested that they tell Natwest they will close down the IVA without them.So they sent Natwest a letter saying if they don't hear anything within 14 days of their letter, the IVA will conclude without them! This prompted Natwest for sure, and they then played ball and we then got our CC as said. So it took some perseverance but we got there. We finished in just over 4 years and have already managed to sort our mortgage out from Interest only to repayment with our existing provider and extended the loan term (we only had 8 years left and owed 3 times as much as what we paid for our house 17years ago!!)
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 am
On the default point -- they are not (cannot) default every month. They register the default once, which should be around the start of the IVA. Then, every month it gets reported as still in default. Makes no difference in the end because, as long as that original default date is correct, the whole shebang will drop off the record at 6 years. The biggest elephant in the room is the IVA itself.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 am
Well still nothing from Payplan. It really peeves me that some people get their certificates within weeks from other IVA companies. It has been over 4 months and I keep getting the same reply saying it can take up to 6 months. I am sorry but I will not be recommending Payplan to anyone.

Its a fact that I have still have to wait 3 months for the IVA to be removed from the register even when I get the certificate so looks likely it will be a year after the iva has been finished at this rate. :-(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am
Keep on at them - they will get fed up eventually!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:28 am
In_deep wrote:
Well still nothing from Payplan. It really peeves me that some people get their certificates within weeks from other IVA companies. It has been over 4 months and I keep getting the same reply saying it can take up to 6 months. I am sorry but I will not be recommending Payplan to anyone.

Its a fact that I have still have to wait 3 months for the IVA to be removed from the register even when I get the certificate so looks likely it will be a year after the iva has been finished at this rate. :-(

If you were in a 5 year IVA then, although a PITA, it will make little difference to your "recovery" as that doesn't start until the 6th anniversary anyway ---- and correctly dated defaults will drop off regardless.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am
Foggy wrote:
In_deep wrote:

If you were in a 5 year IVA then, although a PITA, it will make little difference to your "recovery" as that doesn't start until the 6th anniversary anyway ---- and correctly dated defaults will drop off regardless.
Nope I was in a 6 year one (equity year). So it will have been 7 years :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am
oh .... that stinks then ! But, still check those default dates. At least they should be dropping off at the 6th anniversary.

In_deep

Post by In_deep » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 pm
Received the completion certificate today at long last. Can finally start sorting our lives out again and apply for a remortgage With zebras help after the iva has gone from the insolvency register

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Excellent -- Onward and Upward.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Great news! well done :D
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”