16 weeks and counting since my F&F settlement offer

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Gracekellis

Post by Gracekellis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can advise me of how to move things along.. as above I put a settlement offer in back in October 2016 which was an offer of only £300 short of what I would have paid over the full term of the IVA (thanks to a family member willing to help me) they requested all the information I would usually provide for my annual review, I signed everything they sent to me and I'm still waiting, we are now nearly into april2017! Surely they have had enough time to get it all arranged?
My IVA is with debt free direct, can anyone advise on how or what I could do to speed up the process

Thanks

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 am
This should have been cleared by now ... I presume you have been chasing them for updates ? I would have expected it to have been done within 3 months.
Contact Laura Harrop from DFD who posts on here to see if she can escalate.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Gracekellis

Post by Gracekellis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:18 am
Hi,
Thanks for responding, yes I have been in contact with them on a monthly basis and they just keep saying it is a slow process and have suddenly decided they don't have all the PPI documents they need from me even though I have signed numerous PPI documents of the last couple of years, they said they would email them to me yesterday so I could send them back immediately, however I still haven't received anything!
:(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:03 am
They are supposed to present a variation offer within 21 days and then give 28 days Notice to creditors. They are being very lax here and you need to make a formal complaint which you can escalate tto their regulators need be.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gracekellis

Post by Gracekellis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 am
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can advise me of how to move things along.. as above I put a settlement offer in back in October 2016 which was an offer of only £300 short of what I would have paid over the full term of the IVA (thanks to a family member willing to help me) they requested all the information I would usually provide for my annual review, I signed everything they sent to me and I'm still waiting, we are now nearly into april2017! Surely they have had enough time to get it all arranged?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 am
Duplicate thread merged.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gracekellis

Post by Gracekellis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:45 pm
Thanks for the recommendations, I have emailed fairpoint this morning, they have apologised for how long it has taken and said they are waiting for my IP to sign the relevant documents and once they have Rhodes they will arrange a creditors meeting within 28 days - however still haven't received the email of the documents for the PPI that they need me to sign again

Thanks for the advise guys :)

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 pm
Keep the pressure on them. If necessary make a formal complaint - 6 months is not satisfactory - they should have called the meeting within 3 weeks and, you should have held the meeting and, if variation accepted, had your IVA closed by now!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”