Rollercoaster pre iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

moira717

Post by moira717 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 pm
Am having rollercoaster of emotions at present. Creditors meeting 4th April. After only telling my husband 4weeks ago disclosed to close friend yesterday;who has been very emotional all day, after disclosing how close to breaking point I have been last few months. Am counting days until my creditors meeting (12) could probably tell you the hours and minutes too. Can't thank people enough for advice I have received from this site especially foggy and Kellie, you provide a real lifeline.

Allywally

Post by Allywally » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 pm
Stay strong, you will get through this and soon feel loads better

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm
Thank you for those kind words,Moira. Yes, it will be a bit of a rollercoaster for a while. Even after acceptance I still didn't quite believe it and went through the whole range of emotions, but soon settled into it and bargain hunting became a sport as well as budgetting a hobby! I was permanently logged on to my online banking !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 pm
You will be fine Moira! Stay strong and remember that we are here to support you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Oya

Post by Oya » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am
I am cross stitching to put my mind out of it.. as i have to count for stitching its really helping. I have 11 days and counting down.. at the moment i am in think positive , things will be positive mode.. deep down i am soooo scared. I also would like to thank everyone in this forum. We are surrounded by very good people whose already been where we are at the moment. Stay calm.. We Will be Alright :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 am
Oya and Moira -- keep calm and carry on :-) Lots of cross stitching and housework will get done ! I hear baking is a good way to pass the time ... I like chocolate cake :-D :-D
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Oya

Post by Oya » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:23 am
Foggy wrote:
Oya and Moira -- keep calm and carry on :-) Lots of cross stitching and housework will get done ! I hear baking is a good way to pass the time ... I like chocolate cake :-D :-D
Ive done 2 crossstich clutch for my mum for mothers day..there you go save money on present and keep myself busy.. win win :) well not a good baker but i can stitch you a personalised laptop case something :wink:

moira717

Post by moira717 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 am
I am spring cleaning different room a day when not working! Last time I baked a cake it looked more like a flat Yorkshire pudding, think I used plain rather than self raising flour. Mr Kipling is a much safer bet! Thank you for your kind comments, you are keeping me sane (well almost) :D

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:20 am
Just keep going - not long now!!! :D
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”