Completion certificate received 8 months ago and now received a creditor statement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 pm
Just wondered if anyone else has had this situation. We finished after 6 years our IVA last April 2016. Completion certificate received 8 months ago.
Came home today to a statement from an old loan which was included in the IVA. Not sure if we should just ignore it but it states that the interest charged 22/3/16 to 20/3/17 is at a rate of 7.96%.
I cannot see any interest added though but two payments made since our last statement.

My thinking is to ignore it as isn't on our credit file.

Any others opinions or advice will be most appreciated.
We came with nothing, we leave with nothing.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:07 pm
I'd ignore it - they can't do anything now so file it under 'R' for rubbish!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am
They are, under credit regulations, required to produce annual statements. though most don't, or they produce them and automatically filter them out of the system. I imagine, as the end of the IVA fell within this billing year this is the last one to be automatically spat out. I would ignore it but file it with the rest of your IVA paperwork. In these days of mass automation things often slip through.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”