Iva and pip

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Yvonne.d

Post by Yvonne.d » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 pm
Hi, I've just been awarded pip due to a new disability, I also work, now I'm worried and confused as to wether when my renewal comes around, will they take my pip money into account and ask me to pay more, I honestly don't have more, pip is awarded to me because of mobility needs and care, due to terrible rheumatoid which effects my hands feet basically all over all my joints. It's payed to help me with food been precautionary and so on, I'm worried sick that it will be took from me, it's bad enough getting this damm disease without having to worry if I will lose it, sorry for going on I'm just scared, can feel a flare coming with this added stress
Kind regards
:|

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 am
Sorry to hear of your ill health. Hopefully one of the other experts will give a definitive answer but hopefully you will be able to keep it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 am
Usually an award for a disability is counted as income on one side of the balance sheet and immediately negated by a corresponding expense on the other side, so that it is proper;ly accounted for, but doesn't increase your disposable income. However, not all IP's are so minded.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:11 am
We will usually ignore disability benefits as they are for the additional needs of the client over and above the standard allowances. If your firm tries to take your PIP then I suggest you speak with the IP and escalate the matter.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:13 am
Couldn't agree more with Michael, this is effectively a non benefit and your payment should not increase at all.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”