credit card account

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 pm
Hi!
We completed IVA over 2 yrs, credit files are now sorted. My question is I'm considering a credit card for the first time since IVA, now my credit rating is back to good, I've had a look online and the cards I have 80-90% chance of being accepted by are ones that were in my IVA like Barclaycard and Virgin. Are they still likely to accept me once they see I previously had problems with them?? Should I look at different lender although the APR is a lot higher??
Thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 pm
You need to do a soft search on all of them - I've just been accepted for M&S and Virgin and we were both accepted for a Nationwide one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 pm
Due to the fact that I intended to pay back the balance every month I went for a Vanquis to start with, as soon as my IVA completed. When my credit files cleared up I applied for and was granted a Post Office credit card. Since then my bank have issued me with another, which I will replace the Vanquis with.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm
Thanks for your replies! Experian credit matcher came up with Barclaycard and virgin and tesco as cards I'd most chance of being accepted for I am just hesitant in case I applied and they reject me due to previously being included in my IVA. I don't want a negative on my credit file. Do they forget the past when making a post iva application?
Thanks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:10 am
I had a Barclaycard and they were one of my creditors. Have just swapped to a MBNA one with 0% interest for 2 years to buy a sofa on - again they were a creditor.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

bluelagoon

Post by bluelagoon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am
Thanks for the replies. Good to know!
I will apply for one of them and see what happens.
Thanks again

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:42 am
Let us know how you get on.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”