Land registry restriction

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

JED

Post by JED » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:43 pm
Hi All
Haven’t posted for a while now as my IVA finished 18 months ago.
We are in the middle of selling our house and our old IVA has manged to stick its size nines in when we thought it was passed us.
We were one of Melanie Giles/Creditfix “customers” (debacle). To be fair once the dust settled Creditfix were pretty good with us and everything ran smoothly until yesterday.
Yesterday we were contacted by our conveyancing solicitor regarding the restriction that was still showing on our house from Melanie Giles! This should have been removed by Creditfix 18 months ago but wasn’t.
Solicitor contacted CF who apologised and have had the restriction removed (hopefully). Problem is there is a 30 day grace period before it is removed from the registry.
Hopefully our buyer will wait the extra 30 days?
So a warning, make sure you check the land registry for said removal.
The thing is it was the only thing I didn’t check as everything else was done super quick by CF.
Hope this helps someone out there?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Hi Jed -- bit of a PITA -- yes, I always advocate checking this as it is amazing how many times it is overlooked. This should have been revealed fairly early on in the conveyancing process, so will sort itself out in time.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:21 am
I thought it only took about a week to come off...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Piglet71

Post by Piglet71 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 am
My IVA finished over 4 years ago and I only recently found out that my restriction hadn't been lifted when I was going through a remortgage. Once I rang the IVA company it was lifted within 2 weeks.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”