Anybody on a Just Add Fuel Peugeot contract and in an IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:32 am
I need to renew my contract because my mileage is at its limit but I will fail the credit check. That means I will have to hand the car back and pay for the balance of the value of the car which I cannot afford. What to do?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 am
There is a possibility that the car finance provider will assess by referring to underwriters, who will take into account your history of making the requiored payments, along with the fact that the amount is ring fenced in your IVA budget. Of course, this is by no means guaranteed --- try to have a word with your IP ... he or she might have dealt with similar situations before.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:27 am
Thanks Foggy, really scary times to think that if we get refused, what we're going to do. Peugeot Finance are open tomorrow so I will call them.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:40 am
Fingers crossed for you as this offer by Peugeot is fantastic and I have friends using the scheme and it saves alot of money in the long run
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:48 am
Hi, I'm currently in an IVA and in a Peugeot car contract. I need to renew my contract with Peugeot as my mileage is at its limit on the Just Add Fuel deal. Will I get turned down for a new contract with them? I've kept up my payments and never been in breach. If I can't renew my contract and take out a new car, I'll have to pay them for the balance of the value of the car which I can't afford to do. What can I do?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 am
Topics merged to avoid duplication.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

benjiboo1

Post by benjiboo1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm
I was in this situation with Ford 3 years ago. I hadn't missed any payments & the payment was included in my Iva outgoings. However when the time came they would not re-finance the car for me so I had to hand it back. Luckily there is a garage near me that would finance me a car.... an older one but at least I had a car!!! Payment was same as the Ford one.... I had heard that Ford were well know for refusing to re-finance. Hope you can get yours sorted as it's such a worry.
c wilson
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”