Iva and step up payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

chloejade123

Post by chloejade123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am
Hi, I took out an iva for 10,000 around 3 years ago, I had car finance at the time, and ive just done my yearly review i have around £20 spare a month after all bills and paying my original agreed payment of £120 an month, this has been a real struggle especially when i cant even afford things like car repairs and tyres etc, its very hard, so anyway i lost my job while in an iva and a family member paid off the car and had the car as i couldn't afford the payments . i now drive an old car worth nothing. i spoke to them at the time and they said you can either fail the iva or just keep paying and let it continue, so i kept paying and found the money from anywhere i could. but they knew the car had gone and they knew the finance was over years ago, now after speaking to them yesterday they have now said your car finance ends in a couple months so we want an extra £100 a month from you!! there is no way i can afford this atal unless i lose my rented home, car the lot, they have now referred me to another team in the department, and every time i call up they say no one is avaible to talk to you, im not sleeping, im in therapy at the moment for severe depression and anxiety, i just dont need it, my question is what usually will happen now? im i going to have to go bankrupt? im so worried :( thanks for any help. just to add spoke to them yesterday and still owe £7000 and ive been in it for under 3 years with a couple small payment breaks.
Last edited by chloejade123 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am
Hi

Sorry to hear of your problems. Do you have paperwork to confirm that you no longer have the car and that you have told them about this?

Which company are you with?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chloejade123

Post by chloejade123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 am
yes I could get hold of the proof from the company, but it was so long ago i dont have any proof that i told the iva company, but obviously they have seen all my bank statements and my pay slips to show i dont pay them anymore. im with debt free direct.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am
Laura Harrop from DFD posts on here - get in touch with her and she maybe able to help.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am
You could be opening a can of worms, as the finance payment ended a while before DFD are claiming for. However, you need to try to save the IVA and really should do a full review to establish a sensible payment. Speak to Laura.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm
Hi chloejade123

I'm more than happy to review your case and discuss this further with you. Please can you provide me with a full explanation of your circumstance and your reference/address so I can locate your account to customersupport@debtfreedirect.co.uk please can you put FAO LAURA HARROP in the subject of your email.

Speak soon,
Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”