Questions about selling a property after completing my IVA early.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Sarah-Lou

Post by Sarah-Lou » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 pm
Hello,

I am coming up to being half way through my IVA, and my partner has offered to pay the remaining 8k approx. We have recently had a baby, and my partner is looking to buy a larger property in his name only. My property is in my name with my dad as guarantor. It's 100% mortgage which I paid £167.500 for and is probably worth around £195-200k now. Will part of my equity be taken? And how soon could I sell following completion?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 am
Was your iva based on releasing equity at the end of your 5 years ? If so this would need to be addressed in the full and final offer.

Once your iva is completed and certificate issued any restriction placed on the property will be lifted and you would be free to sell.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 am
A full and final offer amount is based upon the number of payments remaining multiplied by the current monthly amount. If there is equity to be addressed ( which, looking at those figures, is likely) then you need to add on a further 12 payments to account for the extension that would be applied in lieu of equity if unable to remortgage.

You can sell as soon as you get your completion certificate, which should be a couple of months coming, but make sure the IP lifts any restriction he has placed on the property, to avoid embarrassment during the conveyancing process.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am
The offer you made should have allowed for the equity in your property. As Foggy says if/when the offer is accepted and you get your CC you will be free to do what you like with your property.

Bear in mind however if accepted some IP firms take up to 6 months to issue a CC...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”