Max recovery

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Chappie

Post by Chappie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm
Hi All
I have received through the post today 4 envelopes from Max recovery. Listing my creditors and balances outstanding.. Should I be getting these now, as my iva has completed and certificate issued?
Many thanks

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 pm
It could be that Max has purchased these debts from the original creditors. Debts are often sold on in mixed auction type lots and the purchaser doesn't know the status of the debt until after purchase --- they pay pennies for them, so take the gamble.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chappie

Post by Chappie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm
Thanks Foggy

So will I keep getting these for years to come?? Can I get them stopped? They are dated April 2019, 6 months after the completion of my IVA they won't be chasing me for money will they? Thought this was all sorted with being in an iva.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Ignore them!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 am
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pmChappie wrote:
Thanks Foggy

So will I keep getting these for years to come?? Can I get them stopped? They are dated April 2019, 6 months after the completion of my IVA they won't be chasing me for money will they? Thought this was all sorted with being in an iva.
As the debts become older they will be less likely to be included in sold bundles --- and, if this is the reason Max will discover the fate of these debts (or you might have to tell them) and bin them. I had a couple of my debts sold to Max before my IVA ended and heard nothing from them at all.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 am
You should stop getting them soon and they cannot ask for money.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 pm
Believe it or not but Max Recovery are very IVA savvy, they understand the process and once shown the paperwork have no problems in leaving you alone. What they are sending you are annual statements, these I believe should be sent by all creditors, but most don't. Max are just conforming with there obligations, I would contact them, ask for an email address that you can forward a copy of your CC to and once they have it you will not hear from them again. I had 5 of my debts 'sold' to them and they were one of the better informed creditors. Once they had a copy of my CC I have not had a peep off them.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 pm
I never had anything from them after my IVA finished.
Bob Marley.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”