3.5 years after completing

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 am
Hi everyone. I haven’t posted on here for months but do look in occasionally. I just wanted to tell you all about our latest news to give those of you on the journey some encouragement.
Our Iva started in 2011 and completed in 2016 successfully, although we did have the usual battle regarding equity but managed to fight our corner on a technicality with the wording. From memory I think we repaid in excess of 80%, actually paid back around 100% but that was taken in fees and realisations. That was all fine because we saved thousands in interest payments etc.
Now it’s coming to the end of our interest only mortgage and we were planning to sell and downsize with a smaller loan. However, we didn’t want to and this is the part that should hopefully encourage some of you in a similar position. I approached Darryl at Zebra and told him exactly what we wanted, ie repayment mortgage, fixed 5 yrs over 20 years. He got it and with a good Building Society. The service from Ryan’s company was second to none and we are both so relieved.
Life is good now- we have savings, credit card each, paid in full each month and a stress free life (as far as finance is concerned).
So, for all of you wondering if there is a life after, yes there is. Good luck to you all.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:57 am
What a lovely and positive post.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:21 am
Good to hear things are going well. The equity battles continue here !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”