Increase in monthly payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo.c89

Post by Jo.c89 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:46 am
Hi all. So I’ve sent all of the relevant paperwork over to Creditfix as I’ve had a pay rise and reduction in childcare costs. I did it before my payment in April but they took my normal payment off me. Will they take more off me this month or do they wait until my next payment date to take the increased amount? Just want to know where I stand this month with my money! Thanks in advance for any answers.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:16 am
If you know what your increased amount is I would put the extra to one side in case they do ask for double. Otherwise you can email or phone them to query it
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jo.c89

Post by Jo.c89 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:05 am
That’s the thing I’ve no idea what it could be as my childcare has gone down by a lot but bills have also gone up a lot so that’s why I was hoping they would of sorted it out quickly. I’ll try and get an answer out of them tomorrow if I can. They’re not the quickest at doing anything these days. Thanks anyway!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:09 am
You possibly need to do a new I&E so ask them to expedite this as soon as possible.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 02, 2022 8:28 am
In theory (though CF appear to work to their own rules) the increase should be applied the month following completion of the review, and not be backdated.

CF seem to be on this crusade at the moment where they reduce payments, due to cost of living increases, but extend the IVA term by a year to make up for it. A useful trick in some cases, but not always the best way forward.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Jo.c89

Post by Jo.c89 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 am
Sorry Kallis I should of said I did complete a new one and sent them over 3 wage slips, 3 months of statements and a p60. I’ll just wait and see what happens!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon May 02, 2022 9:12 pm
I would give them a call and ask them to review your case for you. I would be just as anxious wanting to know what the change is rather than waiting for a few months for them to contact you. Let us know how you get on.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”