Robbieboy

Post by Robbieboy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:45 pm
Good luck xx
I know I am a good person, I just need to start believing it

See my blog - Life was a misery until now

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 am
Everything crossed for you this end Pennyless - especially on the job hunting front.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 am
Thanks Robbie & Melanie......off into the city this morning to join another couple of agencies....the quest continues.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

Kelly O

Post by Kelly O » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:12 am
Good luck for the 28th Pennyless :-)
Regards Kelly Osadare Debt Advice Manager at www.pjgrecovery.com (host to www.melaniegiles.com.)

PJG Recovery have a free online advice channel at www.debtadvicetv.com. If you are ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.pjgrecovery.com/contact-us.asp . I look forward to speaking to you.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:54 pm
Well the 28th Jan and my Full & Final creditors meeting approaches. Dearly hope its accepted. It certainly wont be the end of my problems as I still have to find a permanent job, but it would be a start on the right road.

Seems strange that I have worried consistantly over many years about my debt and making money, when one of my biggest fears should of been that of losing my job, which hadn't even crossed my mind until it happened a few months ago.

Anyway its all down to my creditors now....here's hoping they see my offer as acceptable.....its certainly the best I can do.

Ironic that I may infact be able to close my IVA, which I entered due to my debt, by getting myself further into debt with my son.

Its a strange cycle and one I hope I may close by getting out of my IVA, securing permanent employment and repaying my Son.....until then, even if I eventually receive a coveted Closure Certificate, I will not be truly & fully debt free.

Good luck all.
Last edited by Pennyless on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 am
Good luck tomorrow ... I am confident you will be ok x
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

TheArtist

Post by TheArtist » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am
Very best of luck Pennyless. I will put a can on standby.
Completed IVA - August 2012 pheeeeeeeeeew
Only my opinion - Nothing More Nothing Less

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm
Good luck from me as well x

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm
Good luck x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:07 pm
Best of luck from me, too :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:37 pm
Thanks for the support all. Less than 24 hrs to go. Hope my creditors are in a good mood in the morning:)

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:41 pm
Everything is crossed for you. Good luck for tomorrow
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:01 pm
Well got a call around 11am from the wonderful Nikki (who has been my contact for many months at Melanie Giles company). Creditors have accepted my F & F offer....so now just have to wait for the PPI to be cleared and hopefully get my Closure Certificate in the not too distant future.

A permanent job would be the icing on the cake but at least I can (hopefully) finally put my IVA behind me and move a step forward to getting my life back on track.

I must admit although I'm very relieved to be ending my IVA, I have never seen the IVA as a hindrance or major inconvenience....it was a neccessatity and a financial repayment vehicle of sorts to end the spiral of debt I had got myself into.

My only regret throughout the last 4 years has been that I did not seek expert assistance from the likes of Melanie and others as knowledgeable on this forum earlier, instead of thinking I knew better and trying to get myself out of debt by digging the hole even deeper.

I owe a massive debt of gratitude to Melanie and her team, who have not only steered me through my IVA but have also over the period ensured I recieved expert advice and assistance. They have literally been my saviours. Of course I have also been helped immensely by my Son, without whose generosity I would not of been able to make such a F & F offer. He really has put his financial interests to one side in order to assist me so much. My next aim will be to repay him one day.

I wish everyone on this forum and also future participants the best of luck in the world. Everyone has been so kind and understanding and be assured this forum will be a part of my life forever.

Thanks again everyone and best wishes to all.

Regards

Pennyless x
Last edited by Pennyless on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm
Congratulations at least now that is one less thing to worry about, I will still keep everything crossed for you for getting a job.
Last edited by Pandy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 pm
Fantastic that you got a positive outcome, congratulations to all.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
53 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “a success story”