IVA and BR - an idiot's guide

27 posts Page 2 of 2

worriedhalftodeath

Post by worriedhalftodeath » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:10 pm
Just saw the puddy email.... oh that's funny! What a dirty mind this site has!! Michael is still battling it out for us and there's another meeting scheduled for tomorrow. We've got a letter from my husband's osteopath confirming how serious his back condition was and the treatments and operation he had. It also states how important regular exercising at the gym is to maintain his recovery. My husband has also spoken today to his GP and is going to see him on Monday. He's happy to write a letter clarifying the timeline of his condition - how he was months waiting for the NHS consultations which didn't result in any real diagnosis as they weren't willing to give him an expensive MRI. They were more or less certain from the way he presented that he'd slipped a disc or maybe two but their only recommendation was rest and curiously gentle pelvic thrusting if he felt able! Wondering if that will get through!! It wasn't until he was put on his company's health scheme and went to a private hospital that he got the MRI and the injections and the operation... If he'd relied on the NHS he'd probably still be waiting - I know of a many others who are as we were on a backpain forum at the time sharing tales of woe with others in the same situation. Anyway, the GP's letter might help to add more weight to Michael's argument that the healthcare really isn't an unnecessary luxury in this instance. We're genuinely concerned that without the private cover if he had a relapse (always possible with slipped discs, they never unslip, you have to live with the condition, be constantly careful and learn to manage the pain - he's still in pain most days... just nothing like it was a few years back) he could be weeks out of work and without pay like he was last time and if he lost his job again he'd have real trouble getting another... So... we'll see what tomorrow brings. I think my brain has managed a bit of overnight processing and I'm not feeling quite as manic as I was yesterday. If the IVA is rejected, we'll petition for BR knowing we did all we could to at least pay something back. I'm glad there's no such thing as debtors' jail these days though! Thanks for allowing me to vent!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:20 pm
Vent all you like - that's what we are here for.

Not sure about the pelvic thrusting though![:D] Seriously, I hope he does recover - nothing worse than back pain!

You have tried your best, and if you can't get your IVA approved, then it is your creditors who will lose out, and you can hold your head high.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 pm
Hi
I am sure that Michael ["The Peeps"] will get this through for you
Good luck
Andam Davies

worriedhalftodeath

Post by worriedhalftodeath » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:10 pm
He's been adjourned till Tuesday... but at least that's not an out and out no... The Peeps thinks he might be coming round... and by Tuesday we'll have the gp's letter which will hopefully underline how important the health insurance is as the NHS really can't offer the same sort of treatment for free... The waiting lists for back patients are huge... they're reluctant even to spend on MRIs to give a full diagnosis.... So, we'll wait it out and see what next week brings. Thanks for all your support. Hope you all have a good weekend.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm
Try not to let this worry you over the weekend - I have every confidence it will be resolved for you on Tuesday.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:35 pm
I am really hopeful about having it resolved. Ultimately the offer on the table is the best one for creditors and I am sure than once the evidence is provided the IVA will be approved without the uplift.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

worriedhalftodeath

Post by worriedhalftodeath » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm
Thanks Peeps! You truly are a legend!x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:30 pm
Good luck - you have an excellent IP doing his best for you.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

worriedhalftodeath

Post by worriedhalftodeath » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:27 pm
Just to let you all know that my husband's IVA was approved yesterday! The Peeps is on a roll! Hubby got to keep his medical insurance which is a huge relief and there's definitely light at the end of our tunnell. A huge thank you to Michael and everyone at McCambridge Duffy, as well as everyone on this site who has offered us both great support and advice. None of this seems real right now, but it's a great feeling!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:29 pm
Brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you both.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, congratulations to Michael and his team as well!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 pm
Brilliant news!

Congratulations from me as well.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:43 pm
I know how hard Michael worked on this one for you - we were chatting in general off line - so well done to all concerned.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
27 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “a success story”