Where to go from here

4 posts Page 1 of 1

dan8740

Post by dan8740 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 pm
So I completed my last payment back in march 2015, income and expenditure form was completed, letter received congratulating me and I also phoned them to confirm its all over, only reason i didn't get a CC was because of outstanding PPI, shocker.

I then moved, and had a busy year, then in February 2016 i get an email from clear debt stating my IVA has been pasted onto Aperture, at this point I decide its time i should have my CC, has its approaching a year since my last payment and i really don't want to deal with a different company.

I phoned they say yes we have your IVA now asked when can i expect my CC, was told shortly, i knew this was a lie but cant prove it.

Fast forward to today, I decided i really need to start chasing them, again phone and now i'm being told they sent a letter in march (I haven't received) asking for a new income and expenditure form..... What!, i finish this last year i haven't made a payment since and all of a sudden they want a new income and expenditure. So after explaining this has been completed and all i'm waiting on is my cc, they will take a look at the case and call me on Friday with an update.

After this call i researched who Aperture is and to my horror, its a rebadged Grant Thomas and i've read enough horror stories about them, to know this is not good news. I didn't want to go with grant thomas i wanted clear debt, what point is there picking a company if theres nothing to say your IVA will stay with them, when it can just be transferred to another company when ever. I thought this horror show was over and now i'm being told its not?

At this point my views on IVA's couldn't be any lower, they really are the wild west, the IVA companies play hard and fast with the rules. Most places see IVA as bankruptcy despite that being sold as one of the advantages its not bankruptcy, my life has been on hold for 5 years and just as i'm putting it back together i get this. to say i'm angry would be a understatement. IVA's border on scam territory if you ask me.

So my question is were do i go from here, what recourse do i have, if any (we all know how lopsided IVA's are) As I'd like to work out what my options are before Fridays call.
Last edited by dan8740 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm
From what we have seen the rebadged GT, Aperture, do actually seem to be a lot better at closing and I feel you will catch more bees using honey instead of vinegar --- at least initially.

If honey doesn't do the trick then a formal complaint is the next step, followed by escalation to their regulatory body.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:55 am
I agree with Foggy - based on posts on this Forum Aperture do seem to be making some progress with cases.

If you hear nothing as promised, write to Aperture via recorded delivery and ask for a written update and explanation of what the hold up is.

The follow their complaints procudrue

and if that stil doesn't get you anywhere make a complaint via the Gateway.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

SyuzVR

Post by SyuzVR » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:51 am
Hi everyone. I am a new member to this forum. Nice to meet you all here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Complaints procedure”