IVA Application

12 posts Page 1 of 1

stevem35

Post by stevem35 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:44 pm
Hi everyone....Just took the big step of finally admitting i have a major debt problem...I've contacted Melanies's team today and am currently putting all my information together...Was just hoping for some friendly advice and hopefully looking for people to tell me i'm doing the right thing going down the IVA route.[:D]..Although anything has to be better than the constant worry i am going through now.[:(]....Look forward to hearing from you all....Steve

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 pm
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, its a great place for loads of advice or just a shoulder when you need one. Only you can decide whether an IVA is the correct route for you to take, but whatever you decide to do, you will get loads of help on your journey from the real professionals on here, and the people who know first hand what being in debt is truly like, living with it on a daily basis. So, best of luck, keep posting and I am sure you'll get all the answers to the questions that must be buzzing around in your head right now.

Big Hug, Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

suzanne100268

Post by suzanne100268 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:49 pm
Steve - first of all welcome and well done for taking postive steps to sorting your debts out. You will find lots of support from the forum. Just remember we are all in the same boat.

We too are with Melane and have just sent out proposals back and hope to call a meeting in about 3 weeks. I am confident that we are putting out best proposal forward and we have done the right thing. We have had first class advice and service from Melanies team - you're in good hands. Good luck x
IVA completed September 2014. Finaly debt free - final dividend 88p/£

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:49 pm
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum

Only you can know if an iva is the right road for you, but Melanie and her team are the best place to get top quality advice.

I can say that I started my iva last November with the same feelings as you, wondering if I could struggle on and keep myself afloat as the iva process seemed so scary and final. Since then I have been so much happier, everything is sorted and i know where I am financialy and what I have to spend.
i get no more letters,calls or any communication from creditors and my iva payment goes to Melanie the day after I get paid every month and it has worked so well for me so far.

Trust your judgement and stay in touch with the forum as there are fantastic people on here and always someone around when you need support or just a chat[:)]
It really helped me come through a tough time,
Best wishes
Emma xx
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 pm
Welcome to the forum, you will get all the advice and support you could ever hope for but trust me, with Melanie and her team on the case you will get it all from them.

If you feel the decision is right then go for it!!
It can be tough but having been through this with my hubby i have to say, once you come out of the other side you will see its all been worth it.

Best of luck [:D]
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

spla

Post by spla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 pm
you will look back on this post and wish you had gone down the iva path long a go it just gets easyer from now on honestly the pressure that will be lifted off your head will feel brilliant good look with your iva 5yrs isnt as long as it sounds

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:52 pm
From feedback I read and from posts on this site, I'm fairly confident that you have made a good choice of IP. I am sure that all your options will be or have been explained to you in a clear and concise manner and if you decide an IVA is right for you and your IP confirms it to be a viable option then you're in safe hands.
Tell it like it is.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm
Thank you all for the very valuable endorsements - especially from Cybus who also works in my profession.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 pm
HI Steve

welcome to the forum, i think you are in good hands with Melanie and her team, well done for admitting you have a problem and starting to deal with it, keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

good luck
rb

stevem35

Post by stevem35 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm
Hi All

Thanks for all the quick and friendly replies.Feels better already knowing i'm not alone in my situation(although its felt like that as i'm sure you all know).
Its just the start of the journey for me but fingers crossed.Hopefully down the line i can be as friendly and encouraging to a newcomer as you have all been to me...Thanks...Steve...

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 pm
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. As the others have said you'll get all the support and advice that you could need, and we also have a good laugh.

Good luck with your IVA, you're in good hands with Melanie x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:24 pm
Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Good choice of IP.[;)] The forum is great for support and advice so keep posting. Good luck with your application. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”