buying beneficial interest in my home

3 posts Page 1 of 1

garmag

Post by garmag » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:37 pm
Hi,does anyone out there now the details of Northern Rocks Together mortgages?
I have one of these mortgages which includes the secured amount for my mortgage and an unsecured element which is subject to my bankruptcy arrangements.
As myself and my wife have both been declared bankrupt the unsecured part of the loan is taken into account.
The main reason for this posting is that we want to keep our house...we have never defaulted on mortgage payments and we have a relative who is willing to help us financialy.
Is there anything in the small print that could stop us from doing this in a together mortgage or would i be right in thinking that as long as the mortgage side of things is always paid then this should be possible to do

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm
Hi
As long as you keep your mortgage payments upto date and you have purchased any equity interest from the official receiver]through a third party] then you should be ok.There is probably a clause that they have the right to take back your property if you declare insolvency but this very rarely happens if you continue to make the mortgage payments.
Regards
Andam Davies

garmag

Post by garmag » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:51 pm
Thanks for that.I was hoping that would be the case.
I will just have to wait and see what happens over the coming weeks (or months) the way its all going
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for january”