Job

18 posts Page 1 of 2

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am
As some of you know due to a restructure in the place I work we had to apply for our own jobs, ok not techncially our own jobs as these descriptions have been re-worded and some responsibilities taken out and others added in along with a new job title!

Well had my interview last Thursday was promised that we'd find out Friday but actually found out yesterday at 2pm that I did indeed get the job!

If only I wasn't in the IVA I would tell them what to do with the job is the way I feel right now! 4 weeks trial and 9 months probation! Surely they know me after 6 years or is that why????

Anyhow, my IVA can continue and it will continue while I look for something else as I feel that all loyalty to my boss who is also my friend has been lost!

Feeling pretty disheartened about my workplace at the moment and I know I didn't have the best interview in the world and don't think they like it that I've asked for feedback but do want to see what they really thought!

I do know I'm lucky to have a job and I also know in comparison to a lot of posters health problems this is menial but it's the way I feel right now and so glad to have got it all out. I'm not ungrateful I'm really not just feel hurt!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 am
Hi Lesley
So pleased you got your job, at least now you have some breathing space to make decisions as to how to move forward. I've always thought that if you like your job its a bonus, it doesn't matter if you dislike the other people that work there[:)]
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:12 pm
I really feel for you Lesley and completely understand what you are going through.
The place I work is going through it's second restructure in 18months. Everyone had to apply for new jobs the first time round, and as my job had completely dissappeared I ended up (part time) not full time, in a job that is OK, but not really what I wanted to do. This time around I've said enough is enough and taken voluntary redundancy which is quite scary but definately the best decision. Fortunately I was able to conclude my IVA with a full and final at the end of last year and one of the reasons I gave was possible redundancy. My partner also works at the same company and is currently mid way through the re-structure process. Fingers crossed he ends up with something.
This kind of thing seems to be happening all over!
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:27 pm
Glad to hear you got the job .... hope it lasts the course xx
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm
Congratulations on getting the job Lesley.

Unfortunately I think a probation period is par for the course these days regardless of where you work and how long you have worked there.

Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:54 pm
Well done on getting the job. Please don't take out any perceived sleight on your boss, they, also, have bosses on THEIR backs, making the rules.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 pm
Hi folks, feeling a tad peeved when I wrote the post this morning, and Foggy I completely agree, sometimes I feel sorry for myself but after my 8 hour shift now feel a bit more positive. Bring on the move and I'll show em!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am
Just catching up Lesley, i am so pleased you got your job & I totally understand your rant too!
My Hubby is currently having a nightmare in his own job, as he is doing the job of 3 people now & his days are 12 hour ones now too. Plus they keep creating n pilling more paper work for him to do too. But we are still grateful that he has a job & even with everything going on, the tourism side of things is still going well, maybe because people are not going abroad as much!
Good to hear your positive after your shift, knock em dead lesley! X
Last edited by MrsKnight on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

angela18

Post by angela18 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm
just read this lesley... woo hoo!!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:09 pm
Oh well done Lesley - grrat news and what a relief for you [:)]

xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:38 pm
Congratulations Lesley, that's really good news xxx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 pm
Yeah I shouldn't be miserable and feel hard done by but just some days we can all have a little moan can't we, a little feel sorry for ourselves and then I come back and live in the real world.

Thanks to everyone, been a bit of a rollercoaster over the last few weeks but IVA can continue and that's the main thing. x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:21 pm
Oh Lesley im so so sorry i only just caught up with this. Congrats.....you show 'em mate xxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:48 am
That's good news Lesley - I know how much you want this to succeed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:06 pm
Congrats on the job! We are going through a similar thing at work too and I shall find out if I have a job in a few weeks time - I'm choosing not to worry about it yet but the odds don't look good - they're cutting 60% of the department [V]
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”