son leaving school

6 posts Page 1 of 1

JANE007

Post by JANE007 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:21 pm
with loss of chb and tax credits due to son not going to college been told creditors will view he can support himself if he doesn't get a job how will he do this ?been told I will still make payments because I wont be supporting son ?Who will be supporting him then ?with the loss of income ?

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 am
My son is 24 and has never worked since leaving uni. We still support him and we are allowed an allowance to do this.When he starts work he then has to pay keep and this is put in to our income.

JANE007

Post by JANE007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:41 am
my son is 16 years old and leaving school been told creditors will view that he can get a job and support himself ?How do they think a 16 year old can support themselves financially when the hourly wage is around £3 ?They said my allowances will go down because I wont be supporting my son so I can afford my payments how are they so certain he is going to get employment do they have a crystal ball ?

sus65

Post by sus65 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:29 pm
Hi Jane

Where abouts do you live? If you live in England or Wales the compulsory education leaving age has changed this year.

Students who are in the current year 6 must stay in some form of education or training until they are 17. This rises to 18 from next academic year onwards.
Susan

Shell.76

Post by Shell.76 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:54 pm
its the samefor my sus65 he has just left school and will turn 17 in september and he has to stay in education or training until the following august after his 17th bday[:)]

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm
My eldest daughter is at uni so we get some kind of allowance for her as she is at home 40% of the time. We don't get a lot of money "for her" though and although she has a part time job at uni, it isn't enough to fully fund her studies so we give her an allowance to live on that has to come out of our allowances. It is written into our proposal that we need to pay any "keep" we get from her in the future into the IVA, which we are happy with. I don't see how your creditors can demand that your son supports himself if he hasn't got a job! If he is still living with you and is unemployed then you are going to have to financially support him so he should be included in your allowances for housekeeping etc. The lost of your CB and tax credits should be taken into account in your Income figure so I suggest you speak to your IP and get a new income/expenditure completed so that your payments can be set accurately.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”