1 Year into IVA!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Debt47K

Post by Debt47K » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:23 am
I really can’t believe this, but yesterday I made my 12th payment into my IVA, and the first year has absolutely shot past! One year in, my life has changed beyond all recognition. A year ago my finances were a complete mess, I was worrying about making all my minimum payments and each month getting deeper and deeper into debt.
After spending much time here on the forums researching, I met with Melanie and her team in Cardiff, and my financial life has slowly been rebuilt from there.

Sure there have been some dark moments, but to know that I’m now 20% and 1 year through is a huge psychological boost. My message to anyone who is thinking of an IVA is to make contact with an IP, and for want of a better phrase, have a chat. I couldn’t be more pleased I did, as I know exactly where I stand each month, and any money I spend is mine – sounds a silly thing to say but it’s very reassuring!

Every month I have learned to budget a bit better, and its so satisfying when at the end of the month there is a little left – something I couldn’t have said for a very long time before!

I have just submitted my 1st year I+E form and am nervously awaiting the response to see if all the figures are OK and I can continue paying the same amount.

See all of you at the frugal friends meeting in a couple of weeks in Birmingham.

Trevor.

12 Payments down, 48 to go. (20% down – already!)

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 am
That's great Trevor, what a positive post. Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

angela18

Post by angela18 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:36 am
Well done Trevor we are 8 payments in, been a bit down lately, but I naturally don't like the cold and the dark nights.. so I think a combination of reality, Christmas and being dark and cold has taken effect..

I'm in a 100% better place this time than I was last year!! I sometimes just need to remind myself of that!![:)]

Well done you and I hope I & E goes as you wish x
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:58 am
Well done Trevor. Just the kind of upbeat story we need on these dark dank winter mornings. I hope your I&E goes well for you
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:06 am
I'm glad it's going well for you Trevor - see you in Walsall!

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:09 am
yeah...look forwad to seeing you again at FF...i met you at slough and you were really upbeat there...it is a great feeling isnt it .!!!
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am
I cannot believe that it is over a year since we first met Trevor! Doesn't time fly - and I am sure that the first year in an IVA is always the worst as you are adjusting to a new budget and are having to be very disciplined. I take my hat off to everyone who is working hard to repay their debts in the current economic climate - well done!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

tori

Post by tori » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:48 pm
That's great Trevor.Well done on reaching the 12 month mark!! That must be a very satisfying feeling.Hope things continue to go well for you[:)]xx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 pm
Well Done Trevor on getting through your first year[:)] and hope your I & E goes well for you.

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”