Happy christmas from Lily x

9 posts Page 1 of 1

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Hi all

Just wanted to say Happy Christmas and new year to all.

Four years today I had the most incredible shock I have ever had and fell to absolute rock bottom.

Apart from the weather, I have to say four years later I am a changed and very happy person.

I have a man in my life, I am being treated for my health problem in a London hospital and things in every part of my life just keep getting better and better.

I hope those of you who feel that the future is hopeless, keep plodding on, it will get better. And don't be beating yourselves up for coming here. It is honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. I am finally living now for the first time since I can remember. Even though things are quite tight, I am not worrying about how much month is left over at the end of the money.

Those feelings of fear and self blame are normal accept them. They will change when you realise how strong you actually are, how much you have tried to balance things and what you are trying to do to put things right. Take a hammer to this debt thing and smack it in the head, saying I will conquer you swine and you will not break me.

That's about all I have to say, so good luck everyone and once again, Happy Christmas.

I am dreaming of a mild and wet Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.

Love to all
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am
Lily, so glad to hear you're so happy. You've come a long way.
I miss you but im glad life is being good to you.

Have a fab christmas and a wonderful 2011 xxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:28 am
Hi Lily and so wonderful to hear things are looking good for you at long last. You're a special lady and deserve all the happiness in the world.

Have a fantastic, lovely Christmas and I hope the New Year brings you, love, luck and everything else thats good. xx
Last edited by Julie on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 am
Happy Christmas Lily, glad things are going well for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 am
I'm so glad things are going well for you Lily, you deserve it after everything you've been through.

Take care, and have a lovely Christmas and New Year, and a great 2011 xxx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:35 am
Hi Lily, a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year to you too xxx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:33 am
[quote]Originally posted by freelili
I am not worrying about how much month is left over at the end of the money. [/quote)

That's very good...I like it, and so true for a lot of us. Best wishes to you [:)]
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 pm
a very positive post for the likes of us, a very Merry Christmas to you too Lily and a very prosperous new year

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 pm
Thank you for those lovely words. Its early days with the man thing but hey, its going well. He worries a bit, being in the country, we have been a bit stuck in... not for too long, I braved it, got stuck and sacked it within about an hour. Had to find a taxi cab company who would come bring me back, with shopping and stuff. I lied and said I lived a little bit nearer to Solihull than I actually do. He was not a happy little taxi cab man but we got home. When I got my car back I found that I had two bald front tyres, whoops. That's why I had been skidding all over the place. He told me I was silly and that I should be wearing sturdy boots in the snow not the ski bottomed type, fashion ones I was slipping all over the place wearing. I am independent person (although I did not know that I was driving on bald tyres) and not used to this kind of stuff. He offered to drive miles when my dishwasher hoses froze, which soon got whacked out and my sons portable radiator shoved behind it. I have never known cold like that, thankfully its a bit warmer now, a fantastic minus 5 instead of the minus 17 it was then.

Anyway I am happy and I am not sorry I got into debt and came here and learned exactly what I have been missing. Like attention I did not pay to my children as I was too wrapped up in working all the hours I could to make ends not quite meet. Listening to the voice in my head that was telling me to Rob Peter and all the other disciples to pay just about the whole world plus Paul, instead of hearing my children telling me about their little day, enjoying the simple things in life that are free and appreciating that having a frugal Christmas means you focus more on the people than the gifts. My son prayed that I would be happy when I was so very low and his prayer came true.

I know that we are not often as thankful as we should be but I don't think anyone appreciates how tough this debt thing is.

Good luck to all and once again

Merry Christmas

Still dreaming of a mild and wet Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.

Ps I got my tyres done, took every last bit of my contingency though.

Extra special love to all
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”