Used Melanie's words...

11 posts Page 1 of 1

summerhill

Post by summerhill » Sun May 18, 2008 5:18 pm
My IP was showing no signs of sending my certificate of completion nearly 3 months after my f&f being accepted and them receiving my final payment. I carefully constructed an email using Melanie's recommended wording, "I am hereby giving notice, that unless my certificate is received by May 9th, or I have received acceptable communication as to why there has been such a long delay and when completion might take place, I will be making enquiries to the regulatory bodies as to the length of time I ought to reasonably be expected to wait."

Lo and behold...my certificate arrived within 48 hours.

HOWEVER, I am still on the insolvency register. The certificate letter said they would be sending the report to the court that handled my IVA - but again how long would be reasonable to wait? I thought that within days of you receiving the final certificate, your name came off the register - even if things stay on your credit file.

Have I got this wrong? Please Melanie - can you work your magic again!?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 7:01 pm
It would be normal for the IP to issue all closure paperwork at the same time. I think that you need to write to them again and ask them why this has not been done.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

scooby0

Post by scooby0 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:20 pm
Melanie,

How long is the norm for a certificate to be sent?

I cleared my IVA last Monday, I know it's not a week yet but just wondered so that I too could chase my IP if I do not receive within a certain time.

Regards

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 9:03 pm
Most IPs do like to get cases closed as quickly as they can, but the majority of us are really busy at the moment so don't be suprised if it doesn't take a little longer that the norm. I would normally expect a case to be closed within three months of the last payment.

scooby0

Post by scooby0 » Sun May 18, 2008 9:09 pm
Thanks Melanie appreciate your time...

When do you get time for personal pampering? As I for one,(I expect I'm not the only one) that feels you deserve some pampering with your time that you spend on this forum..

Thanks again

take care

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:56 pm
Here here.....and congrats Scooby, how does it feel???

Martin

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 10:58 pm
I go personal pampering every other Saturday morning when I get my hair and nails done - and of course my hubby would say I am pampered all day long - during the day by my wonderful team of employees, and by his long-suffering self during the rest of the time.

Am feeling a little lost this weekend to be frank, as he has gone to Amsterdam with his friends! That's the trouble with husbands, they get under your feet for most of the time, but it doesn't take long to miss them.

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:06 pm
Good to hear you do get some time to yourself Melanie, though somehow I have an image of you in my mind, sat in the haidressers, being done unto, whilst tapping away at a blackberry or laptop answering forum questions!!!

As to your hubby, what a lucky man, can't imagine Mrs M missing me overmuch if I'd cleared off to Amsterdam leaving you alone to suffer the pain of Cardiff's loss to Portsmouth..... the crowds down in Southsea today were a sight to behold!!

Best wishes all,

Martin

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 pm
You're not too far wrong about the blackberry Martin! And congrats on the win yesterday, we are gallant losers in Wales (well we're quite used to it!).

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:16 pm
As if, ...... Wales have won just about everything this year and deservedly so.... but I think Harry really needed that one.... My son plays for the Portsmouth youth team and is blue through and through, but was absolutely full of praise for Cardif.... great game!!

ps. Blackberry's are a nightmare, I've taken to leaving it in the office over the weekend!!

Best wishes

Martin

scooby0

Post by scooby0 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:42 am
Hi Martin,

Thanks for congrats - it feels good is an understatement...On my way forward now [:D][:D]

You made me giggle with your comment about Melanie with her blackberry sat in the chair at the hairdressers hee hee
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA completed !!”