VOTE YES OR NO !!!

35 posts Page 2 of 3

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:46 pm
I strongly recommend you contact one of the IVA companies on this site.

If £250 is what is available and that's what you IP agrees then that is what you pay if your creditors also agreed to that amount.

A F&F is where you pay a single amount to clear your debts. You are still defaulted and credit rating shot for 5 years.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:10 pm
Please speak to a professional braindead - whilst we can give some advice and support on here, they are the ones who can help you out.

It's six years herbekj for the credit rating.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:30 pm
Yeah sorry, 5 years + 1 in normal IVA.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:04 pm
It is very interesting to read all of the responses on this particular thread. I think that those of us who work in the profession don't always appreciate how difficult it can be to make those adjustments once an IVA is in place, and how difficult it can be to not having the life-line that credit ultimately starts out to be.

I am a non-user of credit cards, but I do have a couple in my purse for "just in case". Working in this industry also makes you very cautious of running up debt, even if you can afford to pay it.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

It is very interesting to read all of the responses on this particular thread. I think that those of us who work in the profession don't always appreciate how difficult it can be to make those adjustments once an IVA is in place, and how difficult it can be to not having the life-line that credit ultimately starts out to be.

I am a non-user of credit cards, but I do have a couple in my purse for "just in case". Working in this industry also makes you very cautious of running up debt, even if you can afford to pay it.
My worst fear is breaking down in the car in the middle of nowhere --- in plastic carrying days I always knew I (or at least then CC company) could cover any immediate repairs. These days, however, I will be stuck !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:00 pm
A contingency fund is a must and to try and accumulate some into this for those unplanned events is a must. I've had a few catastrophes along the way and without the help of a very understanding IP I don't know where I'd have been! Your IP has to be contactable and understanding in case of that emergency and in my opinion that is one criteria that is a must when looking for an IP x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Louise.bb

Post by Louise.bb » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:34 pm
This has been my precise dilemma over the past few days,,,,just had a valuation yesterday with the result that to sell reasonably quickly I would still not have enough to clear the debt in full. I think its important for me to learn how not to rely and depend on credit so for me it has to be no to selling and yes to making a fresh start but in the security of your own home.

braindead

Post by braindead » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm
hi all,
Just finished work and been looking at what i do .
and i make loads and loads in proffit i think its the way i run my business is the problem.
if i take £2000 pay the vat man his share and still be £1200 in the pocket.
i am have not budgeted or done cash flow nothing for 5 years .....
THATS MY PROBLEM !!!!!
On Monday afternoon and night going to sit down with pen and paper and start to write numbers which i have been afraid to do for sooooo long.
Dont really want to know the truth but sooner or later need to do it.....!
is everyone scared of the truth or is it just me ?
i can clear this im sure ?
Never know euro millions looking good next week 156 million ....
wow !!!!
i wish !!
if i win i will pay the debts for 100 people on here no problem ,
and of course my own ....but im dreaming !!!
goodnight all ..
sure i will me waking at 4 .... 5..... and 6 thinking of money((((

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:50 pm
Clearly you need to engage some assistance in running the business finances, as if you are making loads of profit then there should be sufficient to enable you to enter into a structured repayment plan with your creditors.

What line of business are you in as a matter of interest?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

braindead

Post by braindead » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:50 am
hi melanie i have restaurant

braindead

Post by braindead » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 am
but if i was to ruin my credit rating with payment plan i would go all the way an do iva sure it will be same impact ?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 am
Your credit rating will be impaired whether you do a repayment plan or an IVA, the latter may have more of a negative impact though.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

braindead

Post by braindead » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 am
Hi Today all ,
Does anybody know of anybody good that will come to my house .
sort all my paperwork out sort my cash flow and put us on the straight and narrow .(if i am not to far gone )
without thinking of iva or pp
)))

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 am
Unfortunately braindead I have no idea. Why not speak to one of our professionals via www.iva.com and they will go through everything with you and advise you what you can do.
Bob Marley.

braindead

Post by braindead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 am
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER WEEK !!!!
Well off i go again cheque book out....
1st cheque £235.67
2nd cheque £82
3RD cheque £210
4th cheque £30
5th cheque whoops nearly write it !!!! D/D £397
Is it b***** worth it !!!
Do i just give in ?
Phone accountant up said he will have something for me on thur ,so that means i wont decide what to do untill next monday.I hoped for this week.
Funny i am starting to blame people for this mess im in ,but know its only me.
but what do you do if something needs fixing something breaks someone needs paying coucil put prices up vat man puts his up .
We cannot icrease prices anymore or people just wont come in and we will have ...nothing.
catch 22 all the time.
problem i had i.e Gas was installed incorrect .

dangerouse ... mmm do i leave it could kill someone mmmmm i couldnt sleep at all if i killed someone and i know there was problem mmmmmmm ok lets get price £7500 2nd £8000 3rs £ 8100 ...
i have not got that money!!
credit card looking fave then etc etc etc etc .
SORRY ALL JUST ON A MOAN DAY THINK I WILL GO AND GET SOME SUN AT LEAST THAT IS FREE .
UP TO NOW !!!
TAKE CARE ALL
35 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “annual review”