Votes are in

13 posts Page 1 of 1

janderson

Post by janderson » Thu May 29, 2008 1:49 pm
Hi All

We had an application for a joint IVA and we were turned down the votes were 40.19% in favour and 59.81% against for me and for my partner the votes were 24.86% for and 75.14% against. Not enough and rejection followed.

we are to llok at DMP and will be contacted soon to set this up. Does anyone know if an application for a DMP can be turned down also.

Thanks

John[:(]

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 pm
Really sorry to hear that. Not the result you both wanted :o(

Sad to see some creditors can still be like this as they'd get so much more than BR etc.

Good luck with the DMP, some of the experts on here might even be able to recommend your next course of action. Hopefully something that will put you on the path to where you want to be.

Good luck :o)

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu May 29, 2008 2:13 pm
Will interest be frozen on a dmp??? Just wondering what will happen if our scottish trust deed fails to get protected and therefore fails,as we could end up having to do a dmp for the next 48 years!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm
I shouldn't think you will be turned down for a DMP and I would go with a company that will get the interest and charges frozen for you. Bankruptcy definately not an option? Are you a director? I remember you mentioned something on a previous post. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Thu May 29, 2008 2:34 pm
my husbands IVA was accepted whilst mine was refused. Payplan started DMP process for me, which is proving to be a long drawn out process. However i started to make my payments immediately, so that when creditors ring me demanding money and claiming not to have received any, i tell them "all of my disposable income is being paid to payplan and they are distributing this fairly to all my creditors" to which they reply "we have not heard from them or received payment" to which i reply "they have your money, all you have to do is complete your paperwork and you will receive it" . Funny that, phone calls have now all but stopped. creditors cant get what you dont have, i have also made it clear to my creditors that bankruptcy doesnt scare me but it should scare them coz they will get next to nothing. good luck. [;)]

janderson

Post by janderson » Thu May 29, 2008 2:48 pm
Hi All

Yes BR not an option as I am involved in a number of things that this option would not allow me to continue with. If last resort then will see. I am not sure how long it will take to set up DMP but Payplan have agreed to continue with us. If circumstances change and can offer more blood to creditors then may try again for IVA. It is sad to see that they just will not listen and i do feel very strongly that the decision to have IVA shoud be with the IP and not creditors.

Hay Ho here we go.

thanks

John[B)]

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu May 29, 2008 4:48 pm
Oh John, I'm sorry to hear that. There sometimes seems no common sense with the creditors, it looks like a good proposal you put to them. There will be another way, just hang in there,
good luck,
Last edited by chris.g on Thu May 29, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu May 29, 2008 4:52 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that your IVA wasn't approved x

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu May 29, 2008 8:19 pm
Hi Plasticdaft
I think bankruptcy automatically follows a rejected trust deed.
You need to check this with your IP
Regards
Andam Davies

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Thu May 29, 2008 8:31 pm
hi janderson

speak to payplan and also cccs they both do dmp, unfortunately i do think a dmp can be rejected by the creditors but its not very likely as they will get less in br.

good luck with it all and keep posting
rb

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu May 29, 2008 10:45 pm
andydavie wrote:

Hi Plasticdaft
I think bankruptcy automatically follows a rejected trust deed.
You need to check this with your IP
Regards
Happy days!! Lets hope that our trust deed gets the go ahead then. I really dont fancy living in a tent!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Thu May 29, 2008 11:09 pm
Really sorry to hear that things weren't successful for you today.[:(]

Debbie
Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 pm
We're with payplan and they told us that if our IVA's were rejected then we could go DMP for a few months and then try again for an IVA. They also said there was no limit to the number of times we could do that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”