Vouchers

20 posts Page 1 of 2

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:15 pm
I hope its ok to post this but I found a site which if you give your email address gives you lots of money of vouches to buy bits on line. Can someone let me know if its ok to post the link for this.
IVA completed

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 pm
It should be ok, we've had similar links on here before.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm
If it's saving us money it's fine!!!

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm
Thanks for that. This site seems to be very good.

http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/
IVA completed

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 pm
Thanks whichwaynow,that's a useful site.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 pm
Not exactly vouchers, but in Tesco today I bought 5 screw cap energy efficient bulbs, and get this, the price was 98p for one, but FIVE for 40p!! Make sense of that if you will. I did check at the checkout that this was right, but it is. They are clearly encouraging us all to be greener. The larger bulbs with the bayonet style fittings are buy one (£1.98) get TWO free! Bargain. Cheap replacement of bulbs, more eco friendly behaviour, and lower electricity bills in the long run. [:D]
Non sibi sed omnibus

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 pm
They're practically giving them away aren't they?
Bob Marley.

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 pm
Absolutely - I'm going to check round my house tonight to see what I need to replace them all. Unfortunately the 5 for 40p ones I got today only fit two lamps in my whole house [:(!] and as they are supposed to last for 10 years its going to be a while before I need the spares!! Still, cant argue at 8p a bulb!!!
Non sibi sed omnibus

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:20 pm
I hate them! They aren't as bright as conventional bulbs, they can cause problems to migraine and epilepsy suffers, they have been linked to skin rashes and they contain mercury so they have to be disposed of carefully, and they don't fit all light fittings!

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm
But apart from that they are OK Skip?? [:D]
Non sibi sed omnibus

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:36 pm
[:D][:D]

We've got one or two in our house and whilst I find them dim when they are first switched on, they're ok afterwards. I've even been doing my knitting by the light of one of them.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm
We haven't got them at home as we've got ice cube shaped lights and they don't do bulbs small enough, but when we've been to Dave's mums I find the light is really dim and I struggle to read by it.

My main complaint is being told what I can and can't do - saying I can't have normal light bulbs, and talking about banning plasma TVs makes me want to buy the biggest plasma TV I can and light my house with 100w incandescent light bulbs!

All joking aside, the skin rash and migraine things worry me - Dave's mum has a terrible rash and the doctors can't find any reason for it. I've suggested she changes to normal light bulbs to see if it helps, but she won't do it.

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:50 pm
From the stock on Tescos shelves today, it looks like they are phasing out normal light bulbs - they only had the odd one or two lying forlornly on the shelf with the top open, you know where people have looked inside to see if they are the right kind, then put it back and took an unopened one?? Come on, we've all done it. I was listening to a radio programme recently as well where they rang round loads of DIY stores trying to buy a 100W bulb, and none of them had any, nor any plans to get more in stock because they are not politically correct anymore!
Non sibi sed omnibus

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 pm
I've not heard about them wanting to ban plasma tv's Skip. Are they a health hazard then?
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:34 pm
I have heard normal lightbulbs are being fazed out - I use energy lightbulbs where I can (I get some free).

I can ony use them in certain areas of the huse because of the fittings and you should never use them in a light on top of the stairs. This is because there is a slight delay when flicking the switch and not everyone waits for the light to come on...so H&S says you shouldn't use them...don't know what you can use though if normal ones are being fazed out [:)]
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”