Vouchers

20 posts Page 2 of 2

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 pm
Apparently plasma TVs use to much energy so they are going to be banned eventually. You will only be able to buy low energy plasma TVs (no doubt more expensive!) or LCDs.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:01 pm
Thanks Skip, I didn't realise that!

Our is probably worse than most then as we've had it over 5 years now!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm
Hopefully this will never affect anyone on here, but just a little snippet I've found out about energy saving light bulbs.

A neighbour of ours had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, and naturally the paramedics were called. They could not get the ECG machine to work, no matter how he tried.

A more experienced paramedic came along and asked firstly if there was anything electrical in the sofa - he was told no. He then pointed to the lamp which was on and asked if that had energy saving light bulbs in it. The answer was yes - they turned it off and the machine worked.

It's something to do with the mercury in the bulbs apparantly, interfering with the machine.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:06 pm
Great, I love the way the powers that be put so much research into things before they force these changes on us!

stevemartin

Post by stevemartin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:14 pm
Nice! thanks for this site its good for save our money.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “friends corner”