Waiting creditors meeting.

42 posts Page 2 of 3

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:05 pm
Any news Chelsea ?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 pm
Hi thanks for all your kind words. Yes iva accepted with modifications. 75% of pip which has floored me. Only found out today how much I would be getting. Plus the money already agreed I would pay the creditors. Am hoping that the pip is offset against what care I need but as it varies week to week hard to give a figure. Still 5 years and counting.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 am
Fab. Heres to becoming debt free
Steven & Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:55 am
Congratulations on IVA acceptance, do make sure those figures aren't too tight for you and discuss any concerns with your IP.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 pm
Have spoken with her today she is looking into if the care money should or not be included. It's a bit like a roller coaster at the moment. Happy iva was accepted. But worried that if I am using money to pay for debts then technically I am not then able to pay for care in that if I am not having it then not entitled to the money I have claimed for it. But I am sure it will sort itself out and in 60 months i will be out of debt. Thank you for the support it has been appreciated

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm
Chelsea - I would be concerned with PIP being partially taken into account if you have to pay for care. PIP is to enable a disabled person have the funds to pay for either care or mobility help.

Please go through all this with your IP. Usually they make sure the PIP is offset by your increased costs.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 pm
I agree with Kazzafunk. PIP is effectively DLA which has always been excluded in its entirety and the money is for specific needs over and above the normal day to day living costs. I hope you get this resolved and the meeting will need to be adjourned while your IP fights your corner.

Which creditor asked for the 75% of PIP?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:37 pm
Hi kazza
Have been told that the creditors want 75% of any benefits I am entitled to. I have bipolar and another disorder but thankfully am able to work. So they based what I could pay on my wages. I have rang gt and been sent an email saying that I have 16 weeks to claim all benefits and then give up the 75% or the iva will fail. My care is not on a daily or regular need. I feel I am now making making a false claim as will not be able to have care if I need it as will paying to creditors

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:09 pm
Hi Michael
No idea what creditor asked but told if I don't accept iva will fail. Thought it would be plain sailing but no. I am disgusted that while my needs are irregular they know it is an assessment process and got anyone in a similar position or worse they are basically being forced to commit fraud against the dwp. I would give anything not to have this condition. And have fought so hard to prevent it ruling my life and as I said managed to continue to work. But when I do have times where I can not manage I need the support of others which can mean them being with me 24 hours to prevent me getting worse. I just feel that my illness is being used to benefit the creditors. To be told pay up or fail the iva is well I have no words

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:18 pm
Chelsea -- the IVA cannot fail as it isn't in existence until you agree to this modification. If I were in your shoes I would speak to another firm before your IVA goes through as GT do not appear to be on your side at all, and, at this stage they are supposed to be working for you.

The modification they propose is wholly unfair as these allowances are paid for your care and support and should be used as such.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm
And another debt added too. If I end the iva I have to pay gt for all the work they have done. Really feel that would have been better going bankcrupt. I am stuck in a rock place either way. I was so positive yesterday till I actually realised what was being asked. The people at gt have been very sympathetic but when I got the
Email today have done nothing but cry just can't seem to get my head around this. I understand the creditors want their money but to go through the assessment at Atos and then all the waiting for a decision was hell to now be told to give up the money

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:28 pm
It seems terrible to go this far and have to withdraw the IVA. This modification should be removed and if this cannot be done I agree with Foggy that you could try again using a different firm. However it would be best to sort it out now and have the stress removed.
Last edited by Michael Peoples on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:34 pm
Have GT told you that you have to pay fees ? It is usually the case that, if the IVA is rejected, no fees are payable.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 pm
Hi foggy
It was GT who sent the email and said if I were to reject the modification the iva would fail. They originally said that I should send in details of my expenditure of care. I tried to explain it varies on a day to day, they then said handwritten letter from those who give care would do then after that I recieved the email. I don't want to commit a criminal act which I still believe fraud is. If I am not having care then why should I get money from dwp. I also do not see why I need to list all the times I have care as it is distressing enough going through the episodes without then having to go through it all again.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:52 pm
The thought of going all through the process again is making me feel ill. I started this in January I really don't think I could do another 9months of this
42 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “IVA approved!”