Waiting creditors meeting.

42 posts Page 3 of 3

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 pm
It doesn't usually take as long as 9 months -- mine went through in less than 3.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 pm
Was with cap first and then passed to gt. Will see if there is any news tommorow. Thank you for all the advice and support it has helped.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:12 am
Hopefully the creditor sees sense and allows the PIP to be ignored for IVA purposes and your IVA can then go through in the original form. If not and you do not wish to propose a new IVA perhaps bankruptcy would be more appropriate.

Do you have any assets to lose in bankruptcy?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:26 am
No assets. I went this route as wanted to try and return some of the money. When they did a comparison in bancrupcy the creditors would get nothing. I understand that the creditors want you to claim benefits you are entitled to. But pip is for specific needs which I will not be getting. I only found out I had been awarded it three days before creditors meeting. I have asked gt to let me know if I will owe them anything and will then rethink all options.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm
If BR is the way to go, at least you tried to be as fair as you could with your creditors and it will be their fault they get nothing, not yours, so hold your head high.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 pm
Well after a stressful day and lots of calls and emails. Result is increase in payment as they have included pip in my income so care needs met out of my wages have now been stopped and pip to pay for them. At least I can not be done for a false claim and the creditors get a lot more back. Thank you for all your input.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:50 pm
Must say also Christine Clarke and Tara O Murphy have been amazing and a credit to gt

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 pm
Well done Chelsea.

I ended up with GT and must say that the front line staff are very good, in my experience. The company policies and procedures appear archaic and somewhat clumsy, however.

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 pm
Thanks foggy. I must admit I am feeling better. The insolvency agency who acted for most of my creditors were the ones who really were being hardball. I just could not get them to understand I was risking fraud if they took the pip money. And to be honest to state such a high amount was pretty unfair.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:44 am
I am still not confident that you having to use your PIP payment to fund your iva is right. PIP is paid to support an individual in their care needs in their daily routine ... Personally I would now be seeking a continual review of your income and expenditure and monitoring it very closely ... If it becomes unaffordable or your health suffers then make sure your IP is first to know about it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Chelsea3

Post by Chelsea3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm
Hi luluj
I see why they have done it this way and actually it evens out. The ip has said that any concerns or if things change the to contact them immediately. I am just glad to get a conclusion to it as it was getting too stressful. Will have fingers crossed for five years all remains ok. But thank you for your concern

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:23 am
Just ensure it remsins affordable and that your health does not suffer further
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “IVA approved!”