We are considering taking an IVA

7 posts Page 1 of 1

george.b

Post by george.b » Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 pm
Hello

We are considering taking an IVA are there any companies we should avoid (I was under the impression that as it is a governement scheme they would all be regulated but now I am not so convinced). The company we are currently getting advice from is the Debt Advisory Centre.

Thank you
George

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:19 pm
Hi George, and welcome to the Forum. I am not an expert, but one should be along to advise you shortly
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm
Hi George.b, not heard of this company, but I'm sure someone will have. Don't be worried about contacting other companies, we were advised to talk to three at least.

This site has good links to recommended companies and you couldn't get much better than some of the experts who post here. Good luck.
IVA completed April 2013

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 pm
Hi George

Have a look on www.iva.com you will find a list of insolvency practitioners, companies and reviews.

Its always better to take advice from more than one to be sure you dont recieve conflicting advice.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 pm
The Debt Advisory Centre may well be an intermediary who will eventually refer you to an IP. There is no harm in approaching an IP directly, as they are all regulated by a professional body - usually accountancy based and we have very strict codes of conduct we are obliged to follow.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:33 pm
The debt advisory centre is part of the Freeman Jones, or Gregory Pennington, group. I can only echo the sentiments of those before me in saying talk to 2 or 3 at least, and visit www.iva.com to get reviews from independent posters.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

george.b

Post by george.b » Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 pm
Hello

Thank you so much for all of your replies, I have taken all of your advice on board. It is so nice to know we are not alone in this and that there will be light at the end of our tunnel of debt.

Thank you again
George
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”