we are just doing our first annual review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
1 post Page 1 of 1

treeze

Post by treeze » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 pm
we are just doing our first annual review for my HUSBANDS iva and i am wondering what to do about my maternity pay. We are expecting our 2nd baby in May and the IVA is in my husbands name.

My basic pay is approx £75 per week. SMP is basically £125 per week or 90% of your earnings - whichever is less. To qualify you have to earn at least £97 per week which i DO NOT on my normal basic pay, however...

I found out that they base your "average wage" on an 8 week test period which for me was in December & January (i think). SO in that test period i made sure i did lots of overtime to bump my average wage UP so that i hopefully WILL qualify for SMP.

Instead of my basic pay of £75 per week i may get nearer £105 for the 39 weeks of SMP. SO for most people maternity pay is LESS but for me it looks like it is going to be about an extra £120 per 4 weeks.

So, for the review i have already asked someone what to do about our I and E form. Obviously our expenses are going to increase from MAY but we cant put that down for out outgoings NOW at time of review. A lady at our IP advised do a "before and after baby" column on the form.

I just don't know what amount to put down for MY wages for the maternity period. If i DO qualify for this SMP at a higher rate than my basic pay will the IVA take this off us? It will only be paid for 39 weeks and then revert back to my lower basic pay.

Had i not done all the overtime i would only qualify for "Maternity allowance" which would actually leave us with £22 per month LESS disposable income. Because i worked all that overtime i should be £120 per month better off for 39 weeks - i'll be gutted if they take it off me as i worked so hard doing all that overtime it will be a shame to have to give up my extra maternity pay.

Any ideas?
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”