We can't live on our allowance

2 posts Page 1 of 1

gledhill4911

Post by gledhill4911 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:17 am
Hello, We are now into our 18th month of our IVA. All was OK at the start, but now food prices, fuel, gas & electricity have all risen dramatically we dont have enough money for food or cloathing. Also, I live in Hull and our property was flooded out last year. Repairs being carried out under insurance policies. This is also going to make our insurance premiums sky rocket, double or perhaps treble if indeed someone will insure me.
Should I contact my IP (Synergi partners) and discuss the matter with them?
A little about our IVA, we pay £700 PCM and 50% of any overtime, bonus etc over and above our expendature rate of £2913.00.
Both me and my wife are fully employed our take home pay is approximatly £3450.00 We usualy end up paying about £260.00 extra per month to the IP. This gives us about £3170.00 per month for everything. Even this amount we are now struggling to live.
In our last anual review no changes were made to our IVA, but even when that was done six months ago things did seem to be easier than they are now.[:(]
G.M.Gledhill

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am
Hi Gledhill and welcome to the forum

You should most definately contact your IP directly if you find that you are struggling with your payments. I note that you have an additional £260 yourselves on average each month from overtime earned - representing your 50% share. Is this not sufficient to meet the increased costs? If not, then you should be allowed to retain the difference from your 50% share of the overtime payable.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”