weary of answering the phone

11 posts Page 1 of 1

jos

Post by jos » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:26 pm
could any one tell me what to say to the creditors as they ring up asking why D/D have been cancelled and want payment .I have just started pre iva talks ,and weary of answering the phone

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 pm
Hi jos and welcome to the forum

Just tell them the truth. If you are thinking of entering into an IVA, tell them that you are taking professional advice and will advise them as soon as you have decided which route to take. Small token payments can also help to stop the endless phone calls, but do make sure that you do not pay anyone in preference.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

tinytori

Post by tinytori » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:14 pm
i used to tell mine, that i was in a DMP and if they had any porblems to talk to greg penn as they are now reprensenting me, some creidtors were ok others were not!

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:54 am
Welcome to the Forum Jos,

Don’t be scared to tell them the truth, I think its best to be honest with them and say that you are reviewing your financial situation and that you are seeking some advice on what options to take.

If you are going to make token payments, please make sure that you send the same amounts to all your creditors. Otherwise this will be showing preferential treatment to some creditors.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 am
Hi jos and welcome,

You are trying to find a solution for your debt problems so dont be afraid of tell them the truth.
As Melanie and Iva experts said token payments could be a temporary solution to stop the phone calls.

Regards,
Michelle P.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:10 am
Be upfront with them and tell them that you are seeking professional advice in order to find a solution to your debt problem and that you or a representative of yours will be in touch soon.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:48 pm
As I did for myself....Just say to them you are sorting out your Fianancial problems - tell them you are doing something about it -DMP -IVA etc and offer a token payment if you can afford. RBS and Mint will take as little as £1 before anything formal is agreed

Don't ignore calls.
That's all you have to do.

jos

Post by jos » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:25 pm
Thanks everyone for the advice, its good that there is some where i can get to ask these questions from people who are in the know and have dealt with these situations because it seems that I am spending most of my time worrying about this even at work, but this is part of the price you pay for getting in this position. Well thanks again . This is a site I will be looking alot at,

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:48 pm
I wrote to them all and changed my phone number. I was upfront. The trouble with keeping the number was even after I told them on the phone they still phoned me so I had no choice. I believe if I still had the same number now even though the IVA has been accepted they would still phone me. I still recieve a letter from a company even though I have written serval times and phoned them.
Markiboy

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:26 pm
You need to consider the impact of changing numbers carefully !!! automated systems switch numbers instantly - ie change to mobile / work numbers, the intensity can also increase as the lenders see it as avoidance.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:05 pm
Hi
I would just answer all calls and be short and to the point i;e you are proposing an IVA and your IP will be etc etc.The people who phone you have one aim and that is to get some money from you and are not always up to speed on IVAs etc and sometimes the info that you get from them is just not true,so there is no point in getting into a deep conversation with them.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”