Website

16 posts Page 1 of 2

b.smith1

Post by b.smith1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 am
Hi

I am in an IVA with Debtmatters and am new to the site. Only 2 years to go!

Is this site solely for Melanie Giles' clients? Having read a few of the posts over the last few days a lot tend to be for Melanie's firm and the forum experts also seem to be Melanie's clients also. I work in website design and surely it would be easier for Melanie to add a forum to her own website or even have a specific part of this website designed for Melanie's clients.

There just seems to be a lot of questions from Melanies clients and dont know if that is representative?

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am
If you actually read a number of posts on here you will see that there are a number of IP's that post advice on here and also quite a few, like myself, that have nothing at all to do with any of the IP's on here apart from being in an IVA.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 am
ST1100 is right, anyone is free to post on the forum and Melanie isn't the only professional expert posting here.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 am
As stated, this forum is for everyone and there are a lot of companies who post on here, and a lot of us who don't have an IVA with Mel post as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 pm
Melanie posts more than any other IP so does have a strong presence on the forum. However, this is more to do with her being a workaholic and a genuine caring individual rather than owning the site. I and others work for different IP firms and we certainly would not be allowed to post by our bosses if Melanie Giles owned the site!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:26 pm
Just to add, as far as I am aware, there are very few forum experts who are Melanies clients - there are a lot of ordinary posters who are.

All of the experts from IP companies on here come highly recommended.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:34 am
I am quite happy with the content of my own various websites thank you B.Smith. And to be frank I don't understand your comments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 am
Hi - My ip firm is represented on here but that was a total coincidence. I found the site by accident about six months ago and the experts and the posters in ivas have been a great support. Anyone can join and you should stick around for a bit...quite a few firms are represented but not all chose to post daily. I'm not a client of Mel's so certainly hope she doesn't leave us for her own private site.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:31 am
Don't worry, Mel won't be leaving here. She enjoys the forum.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 pm
Hi b.smith1 and welcome to the forum, you are incorrect to state the experts seem to be Melanie's clients.Just to confirm, I am not and never have been a client of any IP that posts on here.

I'm very thankful for those that give up their time to advise and support.

Anyone can post on here, so please post any queries. There's also a great social side to the forum [:)]

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 am
Im not a client of Melanies but she has been fantastic in answering questions I have had about the iva process.It amazes me how anyone can criticise someone who works damned hard and is dedicated to their job AND has time to post on the forum.Very admirable Melanie and keep up the good work!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 am
Do people only look at some of the replies. If they take time to read all of the forum they would see that there are quite a number of debt firms represented on here. I for one love the site and have learned such alot since joining. There is a member of my debt firm on here but I think they joined after me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 am
There are a small minority of people out there who are jealous of the forum and its success and so do try to put a spanner in the works - usually directed at Melanie.

Unfortunately for them they have underestimated the loyalty of the posters on here to the forum and we will defend it and its neutral stance to the end!
Bob Marley.

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 pm
Nobody should diss the Giles.
You don't want to see an angry Welshie, I should know, I have one at home, and I can show you my scars.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 pm
[:D][:D]
Bob Marley.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “talking about ...”