well it didn't take them long..!

5 posts Page 1 of 1

zarron

Post by zarron » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:50 pm
After making my last payment this week to my IVA i just received a letter today from Provident Personal Credit offering me a 'hassle free' cash loan of £500 to (and i quote) 'make Christmas special'.. and best of all the APR is only 272.2%! they even sent me a pretend cheque for the £500!

apparently once you sign up then a local agent visits you every week to collect your payments.. i dread to think just how long these 'manageable'payments last on £500 with that kind of skyhigh APR!

anyway it got ripped up and thrown in the bin where it belongs of course but it makes me so annoyed that these organisations can leap on people who have just finished their IVA's and attempt to lure them back into the dark hole of debt!

rant over lol

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 pm
I know Provident work around my area and many people rely on the loans especially at Christmas time.

Good for you, ripping up the offer.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:43 pm
I've had those whilst in my iva!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 pm
Not had any myself but good on you for ripping it up x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:37 am
I know this firm very well, one of several who got their claws into my Sister. When you get close to paying it off they offer you more and people mostly say yes and so get stuck in a cycle.

They would come to the door and my Sister was in for about £2000 to 3 or 4 firms. Back when I was younger and earning good money I went round with money to settle them for her and tell them to get lost and if I heard they had knocked on her door or sent her any mailings they would be in serious trouble.

My sister paid me back and has not gone back to these people thankfully. One of the firms then started hitting her with mailings even though they had received a letter from me that they acknowledged as per my request to remove her from the mailing list. So I paid their offices a visit and they do not like people showing up like that (I was quite surprised it was not a PO Box Address)and so we managed to get it sorted and she has not been bothered for 10 years by them lol.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “talking about ...”