What A Difference A Day Makes !

15 posts Page 1 of 1

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 am
As earlier posted , we were having trouble in our ivas . We got behind due to things going wrong from the start etc. Then the shambles merger to DFD from Clearstart.Also my disabled daughters up and coming major operation has somewhat put our priorties in question. WE decided hubby and i that we could no longer continue like this in our ivas, we were struggling, got no support from our company so we decided to go down the bankruptcy route asap. WE took advice from Melanie and today i thought time to get some action in motion ! So i rang Julian Donnelly off the bankruptcy site. He answered all my questions was caring understanding and actually listened to what i had to say . . I then rang my local court to find out what their procedure was on bankrupcy again very helpful , answered what i wanted to know. Then the crunch the phonecall i didnt want to make DFD. What a surprise that was . I told her that we could no longer maintain our ivas and we would like firstly a list of who all our creditors were again for reference, and our ip discharge letter , because we need this for our court for our bankruptcy. She said put it all in writing expressing our wishes to end our iva and she would send the creditors list out tomorrow morning first thing . She also was nice and understanding . I feel relieved after the day ive had and i know we are now making the right choice. Wish we had done this a long time ago.This time last week i was a complete mess.We can now get our debts sorted once and for all and concentrate on our daughter.
Last edited by rachellxx39 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 am
Great news - and glad to see that you are looking a bit more positive today. This definately seems to be the best way forward for you both.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 am
Rachell, I'm glad it all seems to be going your way at last. Thinking of you and your family. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 am
Rachel, you sound so much better and more positive. I hope everything runs smoothly and that you get yourself sorted.[:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:22 am
Well done Rachel, isnt it good to be back in control?
good luck xxxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 am
Thankyou Everyone for all your support. YES!We are feeling much better about things at last.Im personally feeling a bit guilty for failing our ivas,but i know we have tried everything to make them work. Just one question does anyone know if we will be able to keep our co operative cashminder account, which we opened just before iva was approved.I have all our benefits paid in there for the kids and my daughters dla money.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 am
I'm glad you're feeling more positive Rachel.

I don't think you'll have a problem keeping the Cashminder account. When you speak to the OR ask them to fax the Co-op telling them that they have no interest in the account. The Co-op should be fine, as they open this account for undischarged bankrupts.

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 am
Thanks Skippy13 , How long after, you have been made bankrupt , do you hear from the OR.?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 am
Some people have to wait at the court to speak to the OR on the phone, but others are contacted later. I had a phone call the next day to arrange a time for the full interview, but I think it depends on the OR's office. You could give the court a call and ask what their procedure is.

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:27 am
Thanks SKIPPY13,I will do just that. Thankyou for all your help.Rachellx

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 am
Good news Rachel, it is a relief when things get going, after a long time what seems like standing still and twiddling your thumbs....it was definately like that for me and hubby.
Hubby got a phone call 2 days after we filed and our phone meetings were 7 & 8 days after, hubby's was first. Good luck with everything but you should be fine, xx
It's nice to be back......

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:59 pm
Hi Rachel

Hope things get sorted soon for you. I remember you being around in my early days on the forum when I was very distraught and looking at an IVA. You offered me advice and support. I recently went BR so if I can return the favour in any way then just ask away.

Take care
Dee

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 pm
Thanks Dee , i will hold you to that !!! if i need any more help i know where to come . x

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:30 pm
Hi Rachel,[:)]

Just wanted to wish you luck with the future Bankruptcy.

Sorry that your IVA has failed but like you say, you did try to make it work and at the end of the day, your daughter's health is much more important.

Glad you are feeling better about things and don't stop posting, will be nice to hear how things go in the future.

Take care
xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 pm
Hi Rachell

You know you tried your to make your iva's work, so don't feel at all guilty.
You sound better now you have decided on a course of action and I wish you well with everything.

Hope your daughters op goes well for her and she makes a speedy recovery[:D]

Good luck
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”