What a great meeting !!

15 posts Page 1 of 1

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:33 am
Hi
My thanks to all for attending,see my blog for details of the evening
http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Also thanks to Steve Rees,MD of Vincent Bond and co,who kindly sponsored the event.
Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 am
Glad you all had a good time, looking forward to November.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 am
sounds like you had a great time, Andy. Wish we'd been there but room booked for November so fingers crossed!!
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:51 pm
A HUGE thank you from me too. I dragged DH along, and I don't actually think he minded too much [:D]

It was lovely to meet some of you IRL. I cannot believe that moretolife and DH at one time actually lived about 3 houses from each other [:0] Thanks to Melanie and Paul for talking to us about our options. We both came away feeling a bit more positive.

And thanks to Steve from Vincent Bond for sponsoring it :)
Suzanne

David J

Post by David J » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:37 pm
Thank you for holding this meeting!
I am so glad I came and spoke openly about my debts. I now feel energised and ready to confidently, look for solutions to get me back on track!
TTFN, David

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:38 pm
I'm glad you had a good time Suzanne - we both really enjoyed it. It's a shame we didn't really get to talk Suzanne - hopefully next time!

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:21 pm
Hi Skippy [:)] Yes hopefully we can chat next time, shame we had to go early only I had to get my husband to bed! [;)]....... he had to be up for work at 5am!
Suzanne

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Suzanne!!!! Oh, to get up for work you mean [:D][:D][:D]

I am glad you all had a lovely time, can't wait for the November FF, room is booked and can't wait to meet you all.

Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:29 pm
Suzanne, will you be at Birmingham? Will you be there David?

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:47 pm
Hi Skippy, DH is on early shifts again, so not sure. Depends if he can get the Sunday off. Keep everything crossed!
Suzanne

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:21 pm
Hi all finally we are home after a week away and then the ff meeting last night.
It was a great evening as always and lovley to meet mtl, suzanne, David and debt 47. Suzanne we didnt get a chance to chat, next time definately. It always happens, I didnt get a chance to talk to vicki at the last one, and skippy at the portsmouth one, though we made up for it last night and do have a natter by email.
Anyway a lovely evening, great food and great company. Many thanks to Andy, Melanie, Paul and Steve Rees for making these such great evenings.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 pm
just to add my agreement that it was a really good evening...i wondered how it would be and "debt47K" and i laughed about our perception that maybe we all sat around in a circle and stood one at a time and said in grave tones"hello i am more to life and i am in debt"...a bit like AA....but it isnt the slightest bit like that at all....looking forward to next one
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Debt47K

Post by Debt47K » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 am
Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone I met at the Slough frugal friends meeting. Walking in there on my own wasn’t the easiest decision I’ve ever made, but everyone made me feel so welcome.
I’m sure I’ve made some friendships that will last a very long time indeed.

I enjoyed it so much that I’ve just booked a room for the Birmingham event – look forward to meeting more new friends there too.

Thank you also to Steve Rees for sponsoring the event, and to Andy, Paul and Melanie – this was the first of many for me hopefully!

Trevor.

10 Payments down, 50 to go - or (as I like to think) "17% of the way through!"
Last edited by Debt47K on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent Bond

Post by Vincent Bond » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm
Hi,

Just wanted to say that is was great to put a few names to faces on Saturday in Slough. A lot of our work is telephone based these days, and meeting you all took me back to when I first worked in the industry, driving miles and miles around the country (!) to meet people with financial problems.

I also realised how much support this kind of group could bring to people who often do not get the chance to talk about their debts. Will not forget the conversation i had with Trevor for a while - makes me remember why i got into this business in the first place.

Would be great to get these events advertised to a wider group of people too. I look forward to meeting some more of you at the next one.

Steve
Last edited by Vincent Bond on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Bond - Debt Management Plans and IVAs
www.vincentbond.com
0845 300 8066

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:57 pm
That's absolutely right Steve - I completely relate to your thoughts, and there is nothing better than meeting your clients on a face to face basis. Just to hear how happy Trevor is these days, and how much his life has been changed over the last 10 months, is priceless as far as I am concerned.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “past frugal friends meetings”