What a rollercoaster yesterday was!!

2 posts Page 1 of 1

johnz

Post by johnz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:28 pm
Hi all. Hope you are all well.

Blimey did I have a rollercoaster of a day yesterday.

Started with a phone call from my DM company.
One of your creditors say you haven't included a debt!!

WHAT!!!! Oh yes I blimin' well did (apologise to my poor DM guy who suffered me screeching down the phone at him)

Checked bank account. Blimin bank have taken payments for the loan and the credit card even though I had cancelled my DD's, informed them of what was happening and had adhered to their strict instructions not to use the account anymore. Now have an overdraft that wasn't there before.

Send poor DM guy a stroppy e-mail saying that I refuse to be responsible for this.

Poor DM guy gets on the phone with bank to sort it out (I luv my DM guy, I do[:D])

Upshot of everything. Loan and Credit card balances have decreased, but now have extra debt (overdraft) that needs to be included in proposal. Fine. No problems. But am now panicking that the 3 creditors that have already agreed the proposal will now decline it cos it looks like I've been spending money I don't have. Doh!![:(!]

But then got some good news that the third creditor accepted the proposal (even though they haven't received the revised one yet).

Oh and to make things worse, if the DMP isn't in place by the end of December, they might try and take more money which will either bounce (causing ridiculous charges), or take me over my overdraft limit (causing even more ridiculous charges).

Sob!![V]

Johnz
Johnz

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:34 pm
Don't worry - you know you are in safe hands, and it is quite common for banks to keep paying themselves loan payment, but the net effect is the same. It will get sorted eventually!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”