What are your top five ways to save money?

161 posts Page 7 of 11

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 am
All I do is scan the goods every time I go shopping. I do an upload once a week and as long as it is done by Sunday evening then you get your points.

You scan the shop, who did the shopping and how much it cost. Then you scan each barcode. Simple as that.

I can't remember how I got into it now.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:52 pm
so if you go shopping twice in the week you would still continue the scan without uploading in between.?

I could certainly do it, hope I get an invite. need to download emails first though, got three weeks worth to get through LOL

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:37 am
Yes, you scan each time you shop and then just upload before midnight on a Sunday. You can get them to send you a weekly reminder via email. I just do it once a week.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 am
Ah thats good then, will have to check emails (going todownload for first time in three weeks later, bet Ihave hundreds) and check what I need tosort out.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm
Im with the national shopping monitor n have been for around four years.
Ive been scanning everything I bought now for that long its an absolute doddle now! The vouchers have helped by buy our dining suite from Argos & various christmas presents over the years. We are currently going to save them up over this year to put towards a new TV or Connect for the xbox 360.
I got invited through the post & not really sure why or how they picked me, but Im glad they did!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm
I think mine might have been via the post as well. I was already a member of Factfinders and scan my stuff with them as well and just accumulate the points. No vouchers but the longer you save, the better the gift. I'm waiting for a new gift brochure to see what I can get for my points.
Bob Marley.

randy

Post by randy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm
I have a tip to save money that I use frequently and find it very helpful I usually do shopping when the sale is on at the stores.Also I try to buy items when they are out of season to get a lower price.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 pm
sale shopping helps everyone. I like to get jan/feb birthday gifts from sale stuff.

I've tried looking to see what the fact finders are and it takes me to an american company...is that the right one?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 pm
It's actually run by a company called acneilson, you might find it under that.
Bob Marley.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm
ah I saw that, thanks jan, will have another look

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 pm
nah, can't find it, I can find neilson but there isnt a link for fact finders anywhere. never mind.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 am
I honestly can't remember how I got into it - it may have been something through the post and I've looked at my stuff and can't find any links to it.
Bob Marley.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm
no worries hun.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:47 am
Sorry about that - I've been doing it for so long now that I've just forgotten. I know the company is based in Gwent.
Bob Marley.

tulac

Post by tulac » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 pm
Signed up for the shop and scanning - looks like a winner to me :)

Thanks for the suggestion
161 posts Page 7 of 11
Return to “money saving tips”