what does a ccj set aside mean?

11 posts Page 1 of 1

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:08 pm
i had a ccj set aside this morning as a creditor tried to get a ccj on me? what does set aside mean? and how will it effect the other crediotrs i owe money to,i have many.

123debtsolutions

Post by 123debtsolutions » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:14 pm
Hi Leem

Welcome to the forum.

Can you elaborate on this please..

'set aside', meaning noted as being satisfied.

If a Judgment is set aside or reversed, for example, on appeal or because it has been paid within one month, the court will automatically remove the entry from the Register of County Court Judgments.

Seems strange but then I need more information to provide further explanation.

Regards

Lee
www.123debtsolutions.co.uk - 08000 114 123
Lee
www.123ds.co.uk - 0808 22 22 123

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:53 pm
Hi leem

"Set aside" means that the District Judge has decided not to allow the judgement to proceed, and if you put no defence into the claim is likely to be due to non-attendance by the plaintiff or an irregularity with the paperwork.

The plaintiff has the right to appeal this decision, so watch your postbag carefully over the next few weeks.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 am
Melanie, thanks. I did post and fax a defence income/expend and brief history of my circumstances and it was set aside! what then as you said if i did'nt put in a defence or attend (was bulk clearing centre county court northampton)
MelanieGiles wrote:

Hi leem

"Set aside" means that the District Judge has decided not to allow the judgement to proceed, and if you put no defence into the claim is likely to be due to non-attendance by the plaintiff or an irregularity with the paperwork.

The plaintiff has the right to appeal this decision, so watch your postbag carefully over the next few weeks.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:02 pm
i recieved a letter confirming collection agency will accept £1 per month but only by standing order? I don't have a bank account to do this with as the debt is from my current account in the first place and that was closed as i was overdrawn and could not pay and the £1 I offered to pay as a token payment is for that account? How to pay now? is this a trick of some sort? I asked for payment slips, are they mad![:u]
leem wrote:

i had a ccj set aside this morning as a creditor tried to get a ccj on me? what does set aside mean? and how will it effect the other crediotrs i owe money to,i have many.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 pm
Hi again

This is a crazy amount to pay, but I imagine it suits your cashflow at the moment! Write to the agency and see if they can accept some other form of payment method as you do not have a bank account.

How does you salary or benefits get paid?

Or find someone who is prepared to do this for you via their own bank account - a friend or family member - until you get proper banking facilities set up. You can then give them £1 per week in cash.

The administration of taking such a paltry sum from you will cost more than £1.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

razamataz_

Post by razamataz_ » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:52 am
Hi Leem,
A token payment can be in order if creditors think you are so poor that you can't pay but it's usually for a six month period and then the debt is either waived or it usually reverts back to it's former self.[8~2]Have a look at Insolvencyhelpline.co.uk as there is info about it on there. [:u]It is mad but why not set up an account with Nationwide or some small local building society who has a basic account facility then you can ask your creditors for a Standing Order form to be sent to you so that you know the exact date it will come out.

[88]This gives you a breathing space in order to try to better your circumstances.
best of luck
razamataz_
leemyers wrote:

i recieved a letter confirming collection agency will accept £1 per month but only by standing order? I don't have a bank account to do this with as the debt is from my current account in the first place and that was closed as i was overdrawn and could not pay and the £1 I offered to pay as a token payment is for that account? How to pay now? is this a trick of some sort? I asked for payment slips, are they mad![:u]
leem wrote:

razamataz_

Post by razamataz_ » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:57 am
Hi Leem,
Do make sure you make all of your creditors equal in the £1 token payment[;)]
leemyers wrote:

leem wrote:

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:27 pm
thank you i'll apply now for a basic account and give them the details if they agree to do standing orders thank you [:)][:)]
[quote]Originally posted by razamataz_ I'm always just ****ing my pants, ist a bloody arwful, anyway time of life for me right now, just arwful. none productive none productive at all. [:0]Oh! I only had a thousand pound overdraft facility in the first place Now i owe them nearly £6k for the current account, [:(!]I never asked or applied for an increase, [:(!]they just increased it themselves and always they would charge for unauthorised then they allow direct debits even thought I canceled them all, but some of the debits were to themselves[?] and they just kept on allowing them!!![V] but accept £1 per month!!

Hi Leem,
A token payment can be in order if creditors think you are so poor that you can't pay but it's usually for a six month period and then the debt is either waived or it usually reverts back to it's former self.[8~2]Have a look at Insolvencyhelpline.co.uk as there is info about it on there. [:u]It is mad but why not set up an account with Nationwide or some small local building society who has a basic account facility then you can ask your creditors for a Standing Order form to be sent to you so that you know the exact date it will come out.

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 am
current accounts why are they diffrent in terms to other loans and creditcards etc.?

lee_m

Post by lee_m » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 pm
Hi all, love and respect to the ones who enable people like me to breath and look out the window. just wanted to say i think this site is the missing link, to help all creditors and debtors alike.xx
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for february”