What Grant Thornton really think......

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
56 posts Page 1 of 4

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm
Of their customers and those who use this forum.

During my most recent battle with GT re PPI i was speaking to one of their Team Managers (yes they do have one) about why i had not offered THE form to exclude myself from the PPI madness (thanks to this forum for bringing it to my attention) I asked what they thought about all the bad press online in forums about GT and their stance on PPI.

The response " Senior Management are not bothered what people are saying on forums as those people only represent a tiny number of GT's total customers so they dont really matter in the great scheme of things".

Need i say anymore?
Last edited by Cheshiredebt on Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 pm
I do have some sympathy for the front line staff who have to deal with us, as I have found them to be caring and efficient. Working for such senior managers as referred to above must be extremely disheartening.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue May 21, 2013 10:59 pm
Pretty standard attitude and not a surprise. To be fair many people only use forums when things go wrong. If your iva was running well you probably wouldn't bother posting on a forum.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 am
Interesting feedback, which I will certainly make sure the Senior Management at GT are made aware of. In my experience, the few issues I have referred to them directly, having been highlighted on the forum as complaints, have been treated very seriously and will all due and proper concern. Disappointed to see this feedback to be honest.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:19 am
We're with Payplan and this is the first We've heard of a form to exclude yourselves from the PPI saga. We have now been dealing with EIF for nearly 12 months and continuously filling in paper work for them and we know that we have never taken it out !
Steven & Debbie

lem

Post by lem » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 am
Well, I guess time will tell, its interesting that whether the people who are posting negatively regarding GT on forums are in the minority or not, most people looking for an IVA company these days will look online as a resource to gain reviews and feedback, if all they can find are negative comments regarding GT, surely it's going to put people off, I know it would me...

back on track

Post by back on track » Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 am
negative feedback on forums will eventually come to bite them in the bum and client numbers will drop off.they must have lost a good sized number of potential clients already through bad reviews and this will tally up sometime down the line to lost revenue.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

lem

Post by lem » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 am
Although having said that I think they are resting on their laurels a lot with their association with stepchange, as a lot of people in debt are told to speak to stepchange as a first point of contact as they are a 'charity' but who invariably will refer a large proportion of their iva clients onto GT, I think this puts the idea into many people's minds that GT are somehow better than other iva companies and are not just there to make money out of them.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:12 am
To put things in perspective, and to play devil's advocate,there are around 50,000 people in the UK that have an IVA. There is no doubt that some have problems with their IVA and IVA company, but it is the minority. That's not to say that they should be ignored, but it doesn't mean that GT or any other IVA company are bad at their job. There has even been the odd issue on this forum with Melanie's company. You will find complaints with any organisation in any field.
Last edited by Sensible77 on Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 pm
...But what irks me is that all of this trouble with GT is in ONE department only: Closures and has been exacerbated by the PPI crisis.

Admittedly, as I have said before, and one reason I didn't choose them initially, closures have never been the fastest horse in the race, and, as a company, they take an unfair stance on post final payment responsibilities, where the inordinate delay IS down to this shambolic department. However, I cannot fault the way they are running my IVA and have always found then to be responsive and helpful.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

actorbird

Post by actorbird » Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm
What's this form everyone is talking about and where can I get one please?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 22, 2013 12:52 pm
It is a DONC ---- Declaration of No Claim. Which basically states that, as far as you are aware, there is no PPI to claim, and, should any come to light you will not claim it in any event. Not all IP's accept them, but, if they do, they will issue one on request.

actorbird

Post by actorbird » Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 pm
Thanks Foggy[:)]

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed May 22, 2013 1:28 pm
The majority of clients who come to us have done quite a bit of reserach on line already and take other reviews and comments seriously, avoiding those that have negative comments. I would hope that any negative feedback be taken seriously and used as a way to improve client satisfaction - no-one is perfect and should be open to hear if something is not wroking well for their clients.

I am sure Melanie will make sure the right people in GT hear about this!
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm
I did my homework prior to entering an IVA and the first man who came to visit the house that day was very high pressured, I told him I had not got into debt overnight and realised it wouldn't be solved overnight so I would keep my options open. I then found the forum and Melanie..say no more.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
56 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”