What Grant Thornton really think......

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
56 posts Page 2 of 4

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 am
I would love to discuss my grievance with any Senior at GT. It might actual show that they have some sort of interest in their unhappy clients. All it seems like they care about is making profit out of others misery, i.e. making people claim PPI! Is 25% of the pot not enough!!
Last edited by Cheshiredebt on Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm
Good afternnon Cheshiredebt,

The firm are aware of your post above and a Senior Manager is keen to discuss its contents at a mutually convenient time tomorrow 24 May 2013).

In that regard, I would appreciate it if you could contact our Customer Service Team by email to ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com or by calling 0844 855 2166.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Grant Thornton

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm
I hope that Cheshiredebt got to speak with GT
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Fri May 24, 2013 5:31 pm
Its not a one off comment as i got a similar reply when i mentions the forum.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm
Same here, all GT care about is how much money they can screw out of you

joanna144

Post by joanna144 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:19 am
I am with GT and have found them very good. I am not in closures yet and occasionally when I call I do say I am worried about how long the closure will take. You can tell that the case workers who read your file do know about the delays and I think embarrassed about it and that may explain some of the attitude above. I work for a big company and we have departments which let us down and I too want to yell at them but cannot when a customer is involved just have to make similar claims as above about company working on an account by account basis. GT are not helped by a computer system that is slow they are dealing with large case files in a lot of cases and the operator you are speaking to has never read it before and it can take a while for them to pull it up and see what your request is again that is the same as many big companies. I do not agree with all the negative comments but do agree that GT need to think about how they respond when the client contacts them. I know I am hanging on a very thin thread, I work the hours their customer service is open so that when I phone it is hard to stay on the phone while they check the file, if I email then I often do not get the reply I need as the replies are often standard a more structured and responsive email system for questions would be good.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 am
Joanna with luck when you hit closure GT will of sorted its mess out.
Currently once you in closure they tend to ignore you, promise false dates for final CC your Supervisor is uncontactable and thier customer service supervisors are always off on a course or on holiday leaving the customer support unsupervised (not that i beleive any that anyway)
Only way to get thier attention is to make the official complaint which they happily drag their heels on in replying to.
I turned GT down when i went into my IVA but was then forced into joining them with no input or notice worst company i could be in for an IVA.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 26, 2013 12:02 am
It is a shame that this company continues to get bad press on this and other forums, but I do suspect that the number of complaints made is very much in the minority across their client bank generally.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Sun May 26, 2013 2:02 am
Its not a shame as you know vocal complaints are a minority of the real number of dissatisfied customers if theres this many been seen then it shows just how badly they treat thier customers at the end of the IVA,
During IVA ive had odd hiccups with them but they normally dealt with them this wasnt a problem.
But since last payment they just cant be bothered because they not getting anymore money and they keeping people strung out in case of unexpected windfalls to add to thier cash pot from what people say on here and as you pointed out other forums this is par for the course.
Theres people waiting 1-2years for thier CC and GT spouting one excuse after another.
Ive a lot of respect for you melanie as your advice on this forum has helped a lot of people but blindly supporting GT when they blatantly taking the michael dosent help anyone.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 26, 2013 11:00 am
I don't think that either of us can really comment without knowing the ratio of complaints to actual live cases. I perceive that it would be a relatively low number, as if a firm was getting persistent and frequent regulatory complaints, then their regulators would step in to find out why this is happening, but you could be right.

One of the things that I think is missing from the newly introduced Debt Management Protocol is the need to disclose the number of resolved and unresolved complaints received by IPs and debt management companies. GT are not members of either the DRF or DEMSA. As a board member of the DRF, our members are required to notify us of complaints, and these are regularly reviewed by the board - and I can say with great gusto that they are very few compared to the number of cases under management by our members.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun May 26, 2013 11:35 am
Hardly a surprise that GT didnt want involved! The number of complaints per thousand cases isnt really the point, its the attitude shown towards several dozen people who went to them for help!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 pm
Well as of today GT exceeded thier 1 month reply to the complaint i made so no surprise there.
Time to esculate it to Paul Madden Associate Director and be ignored a second time.....
Mark Allen the supervisor has ignored all e-mails ive sent him direct as well.
Any other type of business would have massive consequences to this sort of behaviour but it seems ip's can do as they wish buying and selling at will without notification and deliberately putting CC's on hold because they have made a mess of things messing up peoples lifes.
Last edited by viperboyz on Sun May 26, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 26, 2013 5:13 pm
Some IPs viperboys - only some! Most of us manage to respond to our client's e-mails the same day they are received, or at least within 7 days. I find it very concerning that you say you have sent a number of e-mails and none of them have been answered. Surely someone in GT can pick the ball up, even if the IP personally is too busy. I do not think the regulators would be too pleased to hear this.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Mon May 27, 2013 12:51 am
They rarely respond to e-mails (they quote minimum of 10 days their reply ratio with me stands at 1 in 10 of mails repsonded to)until i made it an official complaint then i got a acknowledge of complaint letter confirming they had recieved my complaint and would reply via stage 1 within 1 month which of course didnt happen.
As for talking to anyone bar frontline customer service ive always been fobbed off with really bad excuses or sorry were not allowed/cant put you through as they have no direct teleghones.
My supervisor is a name at the bottom of a peice of paper completely uncontactable he dosent even reply to his own private company e-mail address he could be a cardboard cut out behind a desk for all i know or a figment of GT's fevered mind.
Chances of me NOT reporting them for breaches in the data protection act are almost non-existant now.
Last edited by viperboyz on Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Mon May 27, 2013 5:38 pm
Cheshiredebt - As per our post of 23 May we note that you have not been in contact.

Senior Management would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you,please let us know when is a convenient time for you by contacting our Customer Service Team by email at ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com or by calling 0844 855 2166.

Kind Regards
Grant Thornton
56 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”